View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 10:08 AM   #4
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
still looks too expensive compared to ADSL, its like 3 times the price and no unlimited
True but your argument is invalid when you cant get it you can't compare to it lol.

At the moment I am on a 26.4kb connection thats the most it will connect at. Im only about 2km from an exhchange as well. But its the same story, they can't give a date when or even if it will be upgraded. I remember reading somewhere that you you must beable to get at least a 9.6k connection on dialup before they have to do something about it.

If you could get an ADSL connection then you'd have rocks in your head going for a SAt but when dialup is all you have it is pretty attractive. If you were to get onto a normal plan Equipmant charges are usually $300-$600 and an install fee of around $180 - 300 plus about double the bandwidth cost. Some places do have unlimited schemes but all of them I've seen are at least $99 for 128k bandwidth so it would nearly be better to get a dual IDSN line.

This whole scheme is aimed at farmers, people in rural area's who aren't going to mind paying that bit extra when they could spend a few minutes doing their online bankking instead of a few hours. I'm just glad they actually did something because internet connection is quite a hot issue within farming communities.

Hopefully when I get it I will beable to click on MSN once to log in and not retry 20 times lol
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote