View Single Post
Old 14-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #25
bman

mcnews: yeah the XR5 was an awesome care, its for sale now, stacks of room. I reckon your F6 stock would still get up over the tuned HSV, but only just. My Maloo ran a 4.8 at the HSV track day.

stevefreestyle: point noted re boss feathering.

tex: not really impatient, I have been hunting for 10mths, test driving for 6mths. You name it, I drove it. The reason I bought teh $55k V8 is because I could not justify $85k for a GTS (as amasing as it was) and did not want to be locked in to a Large Finance for a long period of time so that when the Series II coyote is release in many years to come and the bugs are ironed out I can make a switch with very little pain. I would be very happy with a $35k trade in for 4yrs but that is dreaming!! I wanted my V8 fun now.

I would not by the XR8 because I would be jelouse every time an FPV GT passed me by (lesson learnt many years ago)

bfiipursuit: money is not an issue for me and would spend $90k+ for the right car. Hopfully the FPV Coyote Series II is that car. I am not a ute man, i wanted a sedan but again $55k was to good to pass up.

azur: buy the GTS if you can justify it.....it is the best oz car on the road, and the LS3 is good for 350kw without mods which is what i suspect HSV will do when FPV release the coyote at 330kw+.

Pauty: i think you need to read my inital post again....I would have waited for a Coyote if information (normally supplied by the marketing team) was available. but no infomation, coupled with a stellar deal made me jump! But thanks for the unnessasary hit below the belt! It would seem most people here are in agreeance with me and infact some are in the same position.

b2tf: agree not my fav colour either, and would love a white one. I nearly paid $66k for one but again i could not justify it. When I found this for $55k I just kept thinking......is a colour really worth $11K.....NO WAY!!! I have learnt to love it. I have had the front nose painted the same as the GTS as well as the wheel inserts, the colour really pops now.

WOW!! A few people are making a number of assumptions about me!!

The reason I bought the Maloo was because

a) Ford/FPV were unable to provide any official information on the Coyote
b) $55k for a Maloo is excellent deal (currently ranging between $63k-$70k). The reason it was $55k is that the dealer i bought it from passed the HSV rebate saving on to me so that they could move the product, which was all 09 plated vehicles sold beyond EOFY would receive $13k off list.

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -