Thread: ABS Module
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #7
REDDYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout
Dave: when you had yours repaired did you have to have the system bleed? As I understand it the module comes complete with the pump and my brake man's reader can not read the cougar. I had to take it to Ford to have it correctly diagnosed and that took them 3 hours it's scary to think how long it would take to remove and replace. Any advise would be appreciated.
Trev
In three hours, I can scan the whole car, replace the ABS unit, module, bleed the whole system and if required change brakes as well. Thats how much work can be done in three hours. I wonder what FRAUD did in 3 hours. Anyway, what did they come up with after 3 hours???? There are many workshops out there who carry diagnostic tools like snap-on, launch, etc which can diagnose any car, any system. They only charge fixed price for diagnostics report. You should have gone there instead.

Dont know if ABS unit and module come together on Cougars, if they do then you have to bleed the whole system. Bleeding the ABS unit is complicated and time taking. I never bleed any ABS unit but yes it does take some extra time.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote