Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #133
kocho
The Futuriser

Default Re: New to cycling

Ok, awesome, thanks for all the info. To be honest, I'd probably like your setup as weight doesn't bother me too much. I rather be comfortable. Can I get shoes like yours that'll fit on my cleats?

With that being said, every ride I have, around 20 minutes in, I'll get numb hands and it effects the rest of my ride and my enjoyment. I've read up about it and I'm still altering my bike (move seat forward a bit, down a bit, tilt, etc etc) to try and get it to be comfortable. I don't have gloves, they're next on the shopping list and hopefully are a bit of a fix or at least reduce the numbness in my hands. Also read about trying to get more upper body strength so I don't lean to hard on my hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
I just fitted these to my Giant Road Bike
They allow for riding with SPD cleated shoes or just your old skanky runners....LOL You just flip the platform accordingly - they work a treat as I don't always find myself in the mood for a full on 30k ride - just want to go for a quick 10K thrash on the bike path and wear my runners.

http://www.shimano.com.au/publish/co...0.-type-..html

Ohhhh... these sound good too! I probably should have done more research before I went eBaying. How much did these set you back ESP?

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote