View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 09:49 PM   #1538
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Don't you hate it when the internet at work is down all day! You can still do some work as emails are still coming through. You spend the day from 8.30am until 4.30pm telling the computer tech that you think it is a software update that ran last night on the modem software, because we have a connection and emails are coming through, you just can not access the interwebz.... only for him to insist that it most certainly is not that causing the issue!

You call Telstra, and the line is fine. Comes to just past 4.30pm and you tell so called computer geek that it HAS to be the update as that is the only thing that has changed in the past 24hrs. As I am the client, I insist he checks it. He finally checks and what do you know...the software update changed a setting!! 5 people all sitting around doing nothing today because he didn't check the first thing I asked him too! Grrrrr!

Normally I would love a day of doing nothing...but when the internet doesn't work...I couldn't sit there reading my stories!

Cheers
Col