View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 04:46 PM   #158
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
The biggest trigger for me as stupid as this sounds is when my son does the exact opposite of something I ask him to do within a small timeframe (lets say 3 minutes here for arguments sake)

If he either hasn't done it in that time or actually did do something but it was wrong then I tend to start flipping out, the anger and anxiety rises fairly quickly and it takes some time for me to settle myself down after the event.
A subject very close to me as i am divorced from my first wife and recently separated from fiancé of 8years, in both scenarios there were kids involved, my son and then step grandkids. Until the latter i had no real idea the affect of my disorder was having on, not just the kids, but me. So now being aware allows me some space (not always) to catch my thoughts before reacting in a way that i know i will punish myself for, for days. To better mental health is to be realistic in your goals and take baby steps, I'm at a stage after MANY YEARS where i now apologise pretty much instantly and explain why dad/pop reacted in that manner. And aslo explain my disorder at first meet and ask friends n family to please bear with me at least while i am trying. Communicate with the kids and see if they will help you help them.