View Single Post
Old 28-08-2019, 10:12 PM   #195
creative
I am Batman

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Thats dedication. For a drone i know nothing about, plug and play with ease of operation is what im after for a 10 year old. As previously stated rc cars is my game and upgrades and repairs to those to me are what im used to. Replacement gearbox gears is something ive done before, and that's steel gears not nylon. Going stupid with brushless motors and 11.1v 3 cell lipo batteries with the suited speed controllers does terrible things to rc cars. Yeah stupid fast until they break. But, not to digress. My main question remains as will a proper drone be fool prood to fly?
No.. A proper drone will not be fool proof to fly. There are 3 types of quads/drones.

Toys - what you find in shops, usually brushed motors that will wear out but can be fun if you dont expect to much from them
Drones - DJI etc self explanatory tbh
Quads - home built and can be serious machines and require alot of building and programming and generally dont use any crutches such as gps etc. This is where the real fun is had but can also be costly and frustrating

Ranging from micros ( tiny whoops etc ) mini ( 2.5 - 3 inch size) a 'normal sized' 4 or 5 inch and the new category X-class which are 10inch behemoths that are genuinely scary but epic to watch! lol

These are then generally broken down to 3 types of builds: with example videos...

Race - designed to be light and fast... like really fast! this kid is just a robot. I dont race, my brain cant keep up..

Freestyle - flippy floppy stuff that looks cool - digging wild willys flow at the mo and this is what style I fly.

Long range - built for efficiency and cruising over long distances. Bit of TBS goodness...

Its also usually cheaper to do hard drugs...
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere

Last edited by creative; 28-08-2019 at 10:26 PM.
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: