Thread: Crypto $$$
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 01:11 PM   #879
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Crypto $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
show me an example. AFAIK, no super fund has ever gone bust in Aus, nobody here ever lost their super balance through bad investments. even the high growth options are made up largely of stocks of well-established large companies, not start-ups.

your stocks dont disappear unless the company does. diversify and you negate that risk.
30 odd years ago i lost (to me) a heap i had in amp as a super fund
i still have all the official paper work tho at the time (and my lack in age) to try and recover it wasnt worth the cost
they just have no records them selfs of my accounts from after goring paperless from paper records to digital and i had been paying in to it from an apprentice for years
so yes you can loose from them even if they dont go bust

EDIT:~ ive also lost in shares one from southern cross network where they re wrote their shares to like a 10th of the price so now i still own the shares i bought as a parcel but bugger all of them
and ive had that a few time with better share holdings even if they wernt blue chip stocks (im not talking these .00001c shares you buy on a whim to hope to make it large)

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote