View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 04:24 AM   #49
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dent puller for au2 bonnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Too right oldel, it is a personal challenge!....and you have met me now and understand where I am coming from.
But meeting you was a pleasure, I have lived here for 4 years now and you are the 1st visitor I have ever had on a friendly basis, lol, beside the postman, and meter readers, you are the 1st off-line or online friend or family who has visited me.....

When you left my neighbours come out of the woodwork, all saying to me , " oh was that your brother Billy " I said no just an online friend doing me a nice favour, Samantha next door, said to me, but you never get visitors?...

I had to tell her I don't want visitors, family or my old friends, but this guy was special, he lent me some tools to fix the bonnet, she said oh we all worry about you Billy, I said that's alright Sam, I have always been a nomad or gypsy and I like it!....

But thanks oldel, and am still too sore to start on bonnet, will take a good week to recover from fitting alternator, each day is harder but I like it the way it is, the status quo!
Happy to help in that small way. Neighbours being flummoxed and the cat confused is all part of the service.
I bet when you met someone here you weren't thinking the chat would be along the lines of literature and asian grocers*.

All good an normal in the end, critiquing the shocking shockwave ute of mine. I did make it look good 2 years ago when thinking of selling, found proof here in this old post of mine: https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...8&postcount=40
headlights were just fixed and not yellowed back then either. Second photo with yellow circles shows where the paint started peeling every time I washed it, so it hasn't been washed for over a year.
I could probably fix it up again, maybe to sell for a van or something larger for all my stuff maybe. Not risking the paint peel for regular upkeep washing etc until I need it looking good for sale.

* got some good stuff in morley (mcq), cheap sauces, curry and veg. Living the dream for succulent chinese meal with cauli, carrot, garlic and choy sum with fermented bean sauce and black vinegar to chew through the next few days. I'll call it "democracy manifest".

Last edited by oldel; 09-11-2021 at 04:35 AM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: