View Single Post
Old 26-01-2022, 06:22 PM   #4211
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
The company employed idiots, they are inducted, safety and aboriginal heritage mainly, but it takes a team to strip down big equipment, each person has his job in that team, they watch out for you by using safe work practices.
The company was more likely than not pushing the men to go quicker, I've been employed by over 75 different companies in my life, mainly mining construction and maintenance work, in between workshop or city work.

The head of the company employing you is responsible for every person he employs, if he delegates to a knobhead who then supervises PAYE workers then the company is responsible for the good and the bad!

Just as an example, when I was working in a metal fab shop in Western Sydney they employed a boilermaker with the tip of his middle finger missing!
I refused to work on the 60 tonne x 10 foot guillotine with him?
Cost me my job, but its the principle, if he lost his finger then he did not have his mind on his work, he was elsewhere in his head, found out later from another mate who worked there that he was a stoner, and his prior employer sacked him for smoking pot at work, now my employer did not do his due diligence, background checks, why he left his last job, my boss needed a metal fabricator, he is responsible for any other of the 7 employees if this idiot caused an accident
nice deflection

what if old mate with neck laceration was a bong smoker??
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote