Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2022, 03:08 PM   #170
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

Got the new servo and adapter kit for my monster truck today. Went in straight forward. If you have an rc car with a dead steering servo i highly recomend replacing it with one that works...
So testing the thing, yep, better steering response at speed. However, i do not normally run the thing without the body on, but testing. Anyhow. Low speed angling to get up a set of stairs, servo would go full scale deflection, no bendys in the steering links, but wouldnt play steering angle wise.
So the thing has a servo saver in it. Its job is as its name suggests. Cop a hit to the steering it absorbs that as to save the servo. The way it works is different but not too dissimilar to how the clutch on an impact driver works.
So to be fair, my monster truck has seen more hits then Michael Jackson. But on inspection, the cams id suppose you'd call them are quite worn down. So its fine for the time being, but i ordered an ally servo saver (stock is plastic) which comes with other ally steering bits that i wont install. Reason being, for the other steering bits plastic bends before it breaks and i like that cushion and also im effectively moving the failure point up the line which like anything always happens.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: