View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #3545
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Haven't ridden since Feb. Back injury. Had surgery mid July. L5 S1 microdiscectomy.

It's been a long road back. I can now walk without getting sore. I started back on the trainer about 2 months ago, just light spinning for up to 20mins. Just recently I've started to do a couple of work outs at reduced FTP. Hoping to do some easy outdoor rides in the coming weeks. Need to rebuild back and core strength.

To say I miss riding is an understatement.

As for ebikes, they are very popular in the off road community. Only seems to be stigma attached to using them on road.
Bugger Rob.
Hopefully the recovery continues well and you are back out on the bike as soon as possible.

I agree, re ebikes on the road, i dont see the point. But also im not a road rider so im probably not qualified to comment too much.
But off road ebikes have some stigma too dont worry, ive come up against it already. Water off a ducks back really. Happy to admit im wrong about them.
My next 'problem' is the gravity enduro i raced here in town this year is on again in May next year, they do have an ebike class so it'll be which one i enter. I could also possibly do some of the other rounds aswell maybe.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: