Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2022, 08:36 AM   #19482
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Unofficial reports from China are interesting, it seems the government (and by dint of trickle-down effect, health administration) have not really addressed in advance, likely outcomes of an inevitable loosening of restrictions and spread of Covid variants. That moment is now incontrovertibly upon them - a rough month or two seems likely.

I feel sympathy for the everyday people caught up by a lack of options and restricted from forward planning, official vanity having their pulses as pawns.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...re-2022-12-26/
Quote:
"It's always the same profile," she said. "That is most of the patients have not been vaccinated."

…"They want the [Paxlovid retroviral] medicine like a replacement of the vaccine, but the medicine does not replace the vaccine," Jutard-Bourreau said, adding that there are strict criteria for when her team can prescribe it.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 27-12-2022 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Clarity