View Single Post
Old 19-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #161
marc97au
Starter Motor

Default Re: Cobra build no's

I went to look at one that could have been 25 but 29 rings more of a bell in Adelaide that had been crashed a lot of years ago now. Was a lot more than a sideswipe and at 8K they would have broken your arm off. Difficulty was it needed a rebody no if buts or maybee. I went down with 2 experts and if it was repaired without a rebody even knowing what it was supposed to be I didn't want to own it and they agreed. I heard it got sold some time later for parts price but we also had concerns about wether the one we were looking at was genuine as a few things weren't quite right. Might even have some picures somewhere. I already had mine for a long time at that stage and 158 is alive and well with me for the last 31 years.
I saw lots of genuine ones and fakes in my time and I can also say I saw the odd race one in red and one which had no tags but was painted like a Cobra and being passed off as a genuine Cobra racer (probably was from the factory but not one of the 400) with rose joints, roller rockers,diff coolers etc that went and handled like stink, belonged to a well know race driver supposedly built by the factory who then on sold it at it ended up from Sydney in the mountains to Adelaide with a wrecker who drove it on funny ID plates occasionally. Interesting car wonder where it ended up?
marc97au is offline   Reply With Quote