Thread: 2018 Fiesta ST
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2017, 05:13 PM   #37
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2018 Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
Ford Australia bound by what happens in Thailand? Is the factory over there ready to build the next gen Fez? It also wouldn't be smart to talk up next gen ST when you've got a boatload of the current one to move.
I think it's time Ford gave up on the current generation. It's nine years old, its fit and finish and technology is not as it once was. Sure, it's still best in class for driver enjoyment, but that alone doesn't save it when a lot of people care more about Android Auto than driving these days.

New generation has a much more premium look, especially in the cabin, and new technology, which could win over buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Fiesta is a dead duck thanks to powershift transmission and low light car sales.

It seems like Ford is going to let it go here.
Light car sales may be low, but what also contributes to the Fiesta's performance in the sales chart is the fact that it's an old car now. Ford needs to bring the new generation here to give the Fiesta a fighting chance. I think the new Fiesta certainly is the best looking car in the segment, and might very well be the best car in the segment should they launch it here.

I'm very tempted by the new Fiesta ST and would seriously consider getting one. But it needs to be here first.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote