View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 03:35 PM   #252
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Definitive AU1 to AU2/AU3 brake upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
if i was doing it again i'd go the S2 booster just for the daily driving and using light brake pressure.
i found the S1 booster on 322/328 brakes didn't make the brakes worse but it needed more foot pressure, still worked great on the track though just not ideal on the road for lazy driving
i also put my old S1 brakes on the S2 doner car and that was almost undrivable, the brakes were extremely touchy as it was over boosted but it can be done
Probably because the initial foot effort is taken up in flex. If you get someone to push the brakes while watching the boosters plastic vs metal you would see a difference between the two.

So you put S1 brakes on a S2 car with the S2 booster and MC?

I didnt find this car to be too touchy actually, I drove it a fair bit. It suprised me and the owner actually as to how much better it pulled up, and it wasnt just the initial feel with less foot pressure applied ..(which is better with the S2 booster as you said). I did a few hard emergency braking stops even from high speeds... it did have ABS though so couldnt lock the brakes if i tried.

but i guess adding more pressure to existing calipers is nothing new... hydroboost conversions are another example where that applies.

Unrelated but has anyone tried those new protex brand MC's ? Lots of them all over fleabay and theyre available from auto stores.

I tried a new one on my own Fairlane and could not get it to work.. ended up returning it. The brake pedal would lock up halfway through its movement and couldnt get fluid out of the calipers. And im not inexperienced at bleeding brakes, I was a tech at a dealership even once upon. Tried everything including of course bench bleeding it first.. something was off about it inside, and i didnt care to spend the time to pull it apart and compare to an OEM pbr master cylinder.
lumen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: