View Single Post
Old 21-04-2024, 10:49 AM   #11
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: This is why we have a WOVR for repairable write offs

I had the tilt tray at that time, so 2 ups and they were home, the wife spat it, so the 3 wrecks were stripped of their parts in the first 2 days, 4 went in the shed then she was a little more happy, then she was very happy when I sold the first 2, money fixes everything

Because I focused on 1 model car for a while, in total I bought, repaired and put through WOVR 34 Hyundai Getz's in a 2 year period, there's not much I don't know about them now and still have tail lights etc hanging in my shed, it makes it so much easier when you do 1 model car, I think I only purchased a bonnet from a wrecker all the other parts came from the cars I used for parts and there were a fair few parts cars, most times I sold the spare motors and gearboxes, that covered the price of the wrecks that I used the parts from, I still will buy a wreck for parts now over buying parts from a wrecker or new, it keeps the costs down and you can generally recoup the purchase price back quite easy.

Doing a 2014 BMW 120i convertible, the 1/4 panel was about $2500 from BMW, so I bought a parts car a 135i convertible hit in the front, I made money on the purchase by selling the Brembo's off it and a few other bits, now both cars owe me nothing and I'm in front already, I still have a 6 cyl N55 single turbo motor if anyone needs one

Last edited by prktkljokr; 21-04-2024 at 11:08 AM.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: