View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 10:45 PM   #3030
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Thanks. I watched a YouTube clip comparing jet, lustre and boost and at the end it was suggested all 3 could be layered, but that mostly lustre topped with jet was a very popular combo.

I guess lustre works fine on its own. Being a flat white car there's no big change in appearance but at least I know it's got a layer on there.

What I did notice most today though is that my rose coloured glasses have worn off and the paint, when viewed in the right light, looks like it's been cleaned with a scourer. Thankfully it's only noticeable if you're getting up close and personal with detailing etc. Even I didn't notice before today.

So if NV Jet continues to be difficult, should I persevere anyway or stop? I only did half the bonnet, front left 1/4 and front passenger door.
Lustre has some filling properties, so it can hide a certain degree of imperfections.

I would try another panel using a damp towel and less product and see where that leads you. Ideally in warm temps. NV state this the following for Lustre, which would apply to Jet as well -

Quote:
If you are experiencing hazing on wipe off (as on some protective products it can take longer to adhere) wait 20-30 seconds before your second dry wipe.
Both products claim 6 months durability, however that doesn't necessarily mean it will last 12 months. So even if you end up sticking with Lustre only, you will still get decent longevity from it without Jet on top.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: