Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-09-2024, 10:27 PM   #91
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Are the Lights still on at Ford Australia?

Off their latest plan their next small cars will be small pick up trucks aka utes Bev capability
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2024, 10:33 PM   #92
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Another joke is no Maverick for Australia, its a ute on the Focus platform, it would fit under the Ranger in our market and it ticks the box of their fetish for utes.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2024, 10:35 PM   #93
Rastas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford17 View Post
Ford is offering what the market wants.

Do you think everyone is enjoying driving around in trucks, now?

Early adaptors had the advantage of being able to see over vehicles in traffic, but that no longer holds true.

Wonder what the next phase or trend will be like?

Maybe Flying Cars - I believe Xpeng are opening orders for their Flying Car at the end of this year.
Rastas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-09-2024, 10:46 PM   #94
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Another joke is no Maverick for Australia, its a ute on the Focus platform, it would fit under the Ranger in our market and it ticks the box of their fetish for utes.
Incorrect.
According to the Logic at FoA:
You only come to Ford because you want to buy a Ford and Nothing else.
Therefore we can compel you to buy a Ranger, by refusing to offer anything else.

Just like when they axed the V8 and saved Holden from Oblivian.
Same reason they never spent a cent marketing the Mondeo (to force people to buy Falcons.)
Then Axed the Fairlane (to force people to buy G6s)
And refused to build an F-series wagon, because they wanted people to buy Territories.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2024, 09:22 AM   #95
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Off their latest plan their next small cars will be small pick up trucks aka utes Bev capability
The messaging is already changing to calling these CE1 vehicles “mid-sized”

The CEO had a recent OPED saying buyers needed to get back in love with small vehicles.
Simply put, that was all about is Ford self interest in BEV profitability. Unlike conventional
ICE vehicles that become more profitable as they increase in size, the reverse occurs with BEVs.

Seems the bigger the battery becomes, the more contra-profit that is. So this wise chap is now
trying to steer the buyers to smaller lighter BEVs masquerading as mid-sized vehicles and yeah,
smaller batteries to boost Ford’s profits. No idea yet whether this latest “genius move” arriving
in a few years time will really attract more than token interest, Ford is really dreadful at this.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2024, 02:24 PM   #96
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
ok, I'm going to come back to what I said time, and time again. nobody is making new petrol engine cars for our shitty Euro 5 market. As soon as we clean up our act, and get decent low sulphur petrol, then we'll start to see these new products.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2024, 04:36 PM   #97
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
ok, I'm going to come back to what I said time, and time again. nobody is making new petrol engine cars for our shitty Euro 5 market. As soon as we clean up our act, and get decent low sulphur petrol, then we'll start to see these new products.
Sweet, looking forward to seeing the Maverick in Australia from December 2025

Quote:
Improvements to fuel quality from December 2025

The Australian Government is making two changes to fuel quality from 15 December 2025.

The first change will reduce the level of aromatic hydrocarbons (aromatics) to a maximum of 35% in 95 Research Octane Number (RON) petrol. Aromatics are a natural component of crude oil that aids engine performance, but at high levels can cause operability issues.

All vehicles will be able to use the new 95 RON petrol. The existing 91 and 98 RON petrol grades and diesel will be unaffected.

The second change will align the previously announced reduction of sulfur allowed in all petrol grades (91 RON, 95 RON and 98 RON) with the start date of the new aromatics limit. This will simplify the transition for fuel suppliers and consumers.

The changes will also allow Australia to adopt Euro 6d noxious emissions standards, which will apply to:

new light vehicle models introduced to the Australian market from December 2025
new vehicles from existing lines in 2028.

The improvements will:

increase access to cleaner, more fuel-efficient vehicles in Australia
strengthen our fuel security
lower noxious emissions for light vehicles, saving $6.1 billion in health and fuel costs by 2040
remove almost 18 million tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions from the transport sector by 2050.

The changes follow extensive consultations with industry, consumer groups and the community by the Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water and the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts.

For more information on Euro 6d standards, visit Vehicle safety & the environment.

You can read more about these changes at: Improving Australia's fuel and vehicle emissions standards.
https://www.dcceew.gov.au/climate-ch...-quality#toc_0

We'll have a look at this post in December 2025 and see all the new Ford models they've introduced to our market.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2024, 09:44 PM   #98
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
I'm going to come back to what I said time, and time again. nobody is making new petrol engine cars for our shitty Euro 5 market. As soon as we clean up our act, and get decent low sulphur petrol, then we'll start to see these new products.
You do realise that's NOT how Emissions Standards work?!?

That's like saying that GM pulled out of Australia because we weren't obese enough, or that Citroen is leaving cos we don't eat Frogs' Legs.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #99
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
You do realise that's NOT how Emissions Standards work?!?

That's like saying that GM pulled out of Australia because we weren't obese enough, or that Citroen is leaving cos we don't eat Frogs' Legs.
Please explain...(by the way where is Pauline ?) because I thought if an importer isn't building engines that can deal with higher sulphur levels anymore doesn't that impact not being able to sell in Australia until the fuel specs meet the minimum requirement of the engine.
Dr Smith is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #100
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Please explain...(by the way where is Pauline ?) because I thought if an importer isn't building engines that can deal with higher sulphur levels anymore doesn't that impact not being able to sell in Australia until the fuel specs meet the minimum requirement of the engine.
exactly! the high sulphur in our current fuels will poison the GPFs fitted to petrol Euro 6 cars.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #101
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

...And on a totally different issue but might cause problems for Ford...you normally can get loan vehicles when servicing your car at a Ford dealership, so imagine when all the Fiesta, Focus, Escape, Falcon & Territory owners roll up and their loan vehicle is only a Ranger or maybe Everest....Grand Ma Dr Smith aint exactly going to be ready to drop off her Escape and be loaned a Ranger with tray back and over 5.5m of length.... or maybe just as bad be given a non-Ford brand loaner and actually like it......loan vehicles are a great way of selling your range.
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #102
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
...And on a totally different issue but might cause problems for Ford...you normally can get loan vehicles when servicing your car at a Ford dealership, so imagine when all the Fiesta, Focus, Escape, Falcon & Territory owners roll up and their loan vehicle is only a Ranger or maybe Everest....Grand Ma Dr Smith aint exactly going to be ready to drop off her Escape and be loaned a Ranger with tray back and over 5.5m of length.... or maybe just as bad be given a non-Ford brand loaner and actually like it......loan vehicles are a great way of selling your range.
Tell her to come down my way for a day out at one of the local dealers and she'll get an au or a b series as a loan car

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM   #103
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich View Post
There is absolutely nothing about the Everest that is appealing.. too big, too heavy, too slow, looks like a truck, diesel only fuel, poor fit & finish, too expensive, etc, etc. I've driven my fair share of both newer & older Everests to know its not for us. Handing over 90k on top of it all would just be insulting..
My fiance has a 2024 Everest Sport V6 and she loves it. Came out of a 2021 CX5 Mazda and reckons there is no comparison.

Each to their own.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM   #104
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
That happened to my old man, couple years ago, dropped his Fiesta ST off and got a Ranger as a loan car

Wouldn't you give the customer dropping off a hot hatch a Focus ST as a loan car?

Though Bayford in North Melbourne gave me an SA Focus ST-Line as a loan car once which was a good fit
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #105
Trendseeker

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo
That happened to my old man, couple years ago, dropped his Fiesta ST off and got a Ranger as a loan car
Same here. That’s exactly what you get. I drop off my Escape for a service at Ford and I get a Ranger as the loan car. Only difference is I’m a granddad, not a grandma.
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM   #106
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I ve got a Puma
No desire to drive the Ranger loan car- had one once - not impressed
I would rather catch the bus away when puma is getting serviced at Ford dealer fortunately there s a half frequency service 400 metres away
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 01:28 PM   #107
Honest Gaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I'd be interested to see a survey on why people choose higher cars. Once you've experienced the superior entry and exit height of an SUV style car, especially if older or health issues, there's no going back.
Like a lot of things...subjective.

I would much prefer to drive our previous FPV-GT sedan over the SUV style Everest.
Unfortunately, we needed a Tow Vehicle and the FPV wasn't suitable. As far as having a Tow Vehicle, very happy with the Everest.

However, when it comes to every day driving, I'll stick to my Renault Hatchback over an SUV style vehicle. Not everyone is fixated with height.
3 users like this post:
Old Today, 07:11 PM   #108
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
engines that can deal with higher sulphur levels

You say that like it's actually a thing.

Pray tell, which companies do you think are making special engines just for Australia?
ROFLMFAO
Old Today, 07:21 PM   #109
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Once you've experienced the superior entry and exit height of an SUV style car, especially if older or health issues, there's no going back.
Respect for other members is required.

Not here, not any time

I love my TTG. It's functional, comfortable, and handles reasonably well, especially in the wet. At the time I got it, I still had lots of kids around, so the 7 seats came in handy occasionally. And now the load space is a handy place for the dog, and the odd trip to Bunnings.

But when I look around at updating to a modern car, SUVs are bottom of the list.
Old Today, 07:27 PM   #110
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

I've been waiting for this thread to get the anger out of people. If people want to get cranky about other peoples preferences I'll close down the discussion.
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 07:35 PM   #111
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post

You say that like it's actually a thing.

Pray tell, which companies do you think are making special engines just for Australia?
ROFLMFAO
They're not making special engines..we all know that.they're sticking with older engines or completely dropping models...., the point is euro manufacturers are not sending certain models here because of our higher sulphur level fuel.

Last edited by Dr Smith; Today at 07:46 PM.
Old Today, 07:40 PM   #112
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stubing View Post
I've been waiting for this thread to get the anger out of people. If people want to get cranky about other peoples preferences I'll close down the discussion.

Come on Cap there’s nothing out of hand going on.
Truth hurts for and against normal discussions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 07:44 PM   #113
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Come on Cap there’s nothing out of hand going on.
Truth hurts for and against normal discussions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm all for a healthy discussion, but when it trends towards abusing other members and against site T's & C's, I'm ready to push the button.

Now, has the last person out turned off the lights tonight?
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 07:46 PM   #114
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stubing View Post
I'm all for a healthy discussion, but when it trends towards abusing other members and against site T's & C's, I'm ready to push the button.

Now, has the last person out turned off the lights tonight?
I'll get me coat
Old Today, 07:54 PM   #115
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I'm probably going to injure out of the hatches sooner rather than later, have lower back injury and I made it worse a couple weeks ago - yay for me

Got limited movement in my legs these days, and I'm a bit stiff (everywhere except where it counts lol) I can still manage to get in and out of the hatches but I reckon by end of the decade I'll probably be cooked and probably need to transition to something higher,

Or just deny its a problem and struggle street 24/7
Old Today, 08:03 PM   #116
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry, wasn't meant to be personal, let me try again.

I know that a lot of people praise the height and "driving position" of SUVs and 4WDs. Certainly, for those who are vertically challenged (like my youngest daughter) the improved vision may well be a big factor. It's not for me.

I also note that some males, like BIG vehicles, just for their size. I certainly need one to accommodate my height and increasing girth, but exterior dimensions aren't that important.

Overall, I don't believe that there is anything inherently superior in the comfort or driving position of SUVs, 4WDS, or Trucks. In point of fact, if we consider that many modern "SUVs" are nothing more than FWD passenger vehicles underneath, I would argue that the increased height and weight are detrimental.