Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #1951
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78xcgxl View Post
Wagon loom is different. I have both. They are similar but the looms are different. The actual sensors are the same but. With a wagon you also need the special trailer plug loom to suit the parking sensors. This is what i don't have and will have to try and source one off a wreck.

with the plug all you need is the one with the small magnet fitted.

i have the factory wagooon wiring/sensors one x3. i tried setting up the factory unit quite a few times. even had it working on 'Ol yella [x-taxi wagooon]. but i could never get it going/working properly on the BA M7 wagooon?. i ended up fitting aftermarket sensors with my own wiring [except for the sensor part] and the trailer part [for which i will eventually throw away the factory 12 pin & replace with a flat 7 pin, with a magnet of course!]. all works great now! .... well did till i blew/contaminated the gearbox

cheers

Ps. all you need then is the wiring which you can easily get a hold of. and the 12 pin plug which is easy to find here or here. i will be trialling this one or this one as i don't remember what 12 pin i used? [wired up my own edition with a change to the reverse lights as well].
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post