Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #121
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford CEO - Americans need to “get back in love” with small cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya View Post
Thats ok, but when the taxes increase, the servicing goes thru the roof, fuel prices go up ............. PLs don't be a Karen and whinge!

It's not like any Gov has/had alluded to the immediate sales stop of ICE vehicles in fact, they have/had given a 10+yr timeline. Plenty of time for new technologies to worked on.

In Fact, watch this.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhKqpleAXM&t=639s Fingers crossed this technology moves forward at pace! You may just get your ute
Taxes might increase, servicing might increase, fuel might go up, but if anyone thinks the government won’t be coming for electric/ alternative fuel car buyers, I have a bridge to sell.

This government has given a timeline, the bridge is still for sale to those who believe that too.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #122
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Taxes might increase, servicing might increase, fuel might go up, but if anyone thinks the government won’t be coming for electric/ alternative fuel car buyers, I have a bridge to sell.

This government has given a timeline, the bridge is still for sale to those who believe that too.

And the bridge word is the current labour gov will re introduce a toll and both ways !
Bugga these alternative run green labour govs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 12:12 AM   #123
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
They don't need to have that experience, they just need to listen to the people who operate in that space and listen to their concerns.

Which they invited industry to contribute to, provide feedback, then subsequently ignored it all and made their own decisions.

Thats South Pacific Tyres talking to the federal government in 2002.

Then again in 2005 over a proposed Chinese-Australia FTA (see what is now CHAFTA)

A review of the Thailand - Australia FTA by a university:

So congratulations, we facilitated the expansion of Japanese and American auto manufacturers into Thailand to service the Australian market, in exchange for losing our own manufacturing industries.

You don't need to be an expert in something, you just need to recognise, take feedback from and make your decisions on the advice of those who are - being a politician, is the same as being a good manager, its all about relationship management.

They opened up to consultation from the industry, and then ignored it.

If anyone actually wants to debate this from an informed position, plenty of information out there from 20+ years ago that appears on the first page of Google, all from manufacturers who are now long gone.
Great post there Franco, I have no idea what the goals of DFAT were, we eradicated our manufacturers for what? Hoping to curry favour and influence with mercantilists? Anyway, it'll be one for the textbooks.

I've seen within defence publications a thousand day window before conflict mentioned, we might need tyres for the vehicles we will need to produce.

see here:

https://navalinstitute.com.au/more-n...aukus-arrives/

This one is excellent strategy too, off topic, we will need to ensure supply, not trade, by the sea. Enough ships - which we thankfully are building - to control parts of the sea at certain times (convoy) to get materials through:

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-in...eaborne-supply