Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
shepv8
V8's for ever

Default Some service issues

Gday all,
changed the plugs in my 06 focus this morning and also did the air filter and cleaned the throttle body. The engine is now running heaps better and quieter. It seems as though ford dosent put any anti sieze on the plug threads and 1 plug had a cracked ceramic insulator.
Some issues to arise from the work are that I couldnt find the MAF sensor which leads me to assume there isnt one!.Also when cleaning the T/B, when you look down into the inlet tract there is a pool of what looks like engine oil in there on the bottom. Is this the norm?
When I took out the 2 inner plugs there was a fair amount of fresh engine oil ( still honey coloured ) around the plugs which I had to clean out with paper towel before I pulled the plug out so it didnt drain into the cylinder. The 2 outer plugs didnt have this issue. Maybe a spill when filling with oil is to blame but I dont see how it would have ended up in these 2 places.
When you pull the car up to idle from normal driving the engine sits on about 1050rpm for 5 seconds before it drops down to the normal idle - about 700rpm . I disco'ed the battery for an hour to do a computer reset while changing the plugs and Im wondering wether the computer will take a while to relearn the idle.......
Cheers
Shep.

shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
When you pull the car up to idle from normal driving the engine sits on about 1050rpm for 5 seconds before it drops down to the normal idle - about 700rpm .
Hey Shep, mine does that too but only momentarily, nothing like 5 seconds.
I think that is normal for the Focus.

Oil around the plugs??? Me no likey. . could be just a clumsy mechanic.

Fredo

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post