Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Default Focus Kit

Got my bodykit fitted last Thursday. They did a good job painting, but a bloody shocking job fitting it. The side skirts and rear bumper were absolutely f**ked. Ive got the sides sorted, refitted them myself and they're perfect now, but it needs a touch up near the drivers door where it scraped a bit when the door opened. Its the rear that need some real attention. Im going back on Thursday to get it fixed but this time i offered to spend the day with them and give a hand fitting, so this time ill see how it gets treated and make sure it goes on the way i want it, and the paint is resprayed rather than just touched up.

But a few Q's on the rear skirt for those who already have the kit fitted.

Does the top of the skirt fit in the groove running across the rear bumper, or just above it or just below it?
Can the reverse lamps still be popped out with the skirt fitted?
Does fitting it involve screws/clips and glue or just glue?

I'd refer to the instructions that came with the kit, but the panel beaters still have it somewhere and they have to find it, so just in case they dont, ill know what im up for. Bloody panel beaters, i hate dealing with em, but for things like painting and stuff, you have to.

Tom
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post