Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #11
cpapashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL10N
Well the past few weeks I've noticed a jolting/jerking action that only occurs between gears 2 and 3...just above the 2000rev mark. So I get it checked via an ex-mechanic and his prognosis was the throttle positioning switch (tps). Nothing major he says. But then he gave the engine a once over and noticed the front and rear mounts were slightly cracked. Also while he was driving he said the rear shocks needed replacing due to the noticeable ‘ka-thud’ sound with every impact from the road.

So I scout out Pedders…and they quote me: “due to the uniqueness of the car, it’ll have to be genuine Ford shocks” = $575 for both rear + about $200 on top of that for labour. WTF??? At this point I almost gave birth to a brown baby boy! Out of curiosity I stop by Thomson Ford and asked for a quote as well…and funny enough they’ll rip you a new one as well, naturally. To add further insult to injury, the mounts being replaced is almost equivalently hip-pocket-damaging.

So for the time being, I’m hunting around to find the parts myself (open to suggestions/advice). The lesson here as always, similar to all other previous threads, Ford parts/service guys are never shy in taking all your hard earned pennies.

Tony
Surely you can get them cheaper than that somewhere. That sounds like highway robbery.
:
Custom Equal Length Headers and secondary pipes
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
and a greddy emanage waiting for install...
E-Manage Forums
A Mazda MPV is really only a cougar
in family friendly clothing............:
cpapashley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post