Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Fuel usage

My lease runs out in Jan 2011, and when I filled up earlier this week I've done 27,715 kms. I have a diesel, and I have to decide whether or not it's worth my while looking at another when the lease is up. I'd like the wagon, but Ford haven't said it coming yet, so it's hatch only. Unless I go petrol.

I'd like to know what you are averaging with your fuel to see a. I am similar to you and b. whether the diesel is worth it for me. I thought I was going to be doing a lot of kilometres but changed jobs and don't. Like the diesel for economy, but the extra cost over the petrol is hard for me to make back with the number of kilometres I drive.

It will be interesting to see petrol and diesel. BTW, I never turn the a/c off, and do the majority of my driving in the city, with maybe 1 or 2 long highway trips (Melb - Colac) a month, which would be about 300 kms round trip.

Thanks to GRT046 for the spreadsheet that I've been keeping that shows all this.

1. Last fill up - 27/7/09
2. No. of kms - 27,715
3. Avg kms traveled between fill ups - 565.4
4. Avg total fuel cost - $74.89
5. Avg litres used - 46.9
6. Avg fuel usage - 7.7 l/100 kms
7. Highest price for diesel - $1.869 (12/7/08)
8. Cheapest price paid for diesel - $1.119 (24/3/09)

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post