W427 will still be the king 19 25.68%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #11
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
The majority of new FPV and HSV buyers never modify their car in any way.

Purchasing a GT, F6 or Clubsport is an almost purely emotional not logical decision.

How many GT owners bought their vehicle for any reason other than they had a V8 and a GT badge?

The V8s outsell the T6s by a large number yet the F6 is both quicker from the factory as well as lends itself far more readily to performance modification.

As far as the marketing not being based on acceleration....

Can you find even one FPV or HSV brochure or advert that shows lap times or braking distances or maximum turning G?

As opposed to 0-100km/h or 0-400m......
I can understand that. But do you think that the decision to buy is based on a run completed by a journo, or is it more a case of I have $70k to spend, what Ford or Holden can I choose.

Remember that the typical buyer of these cars will 1. be an enthusiast, and 2. will no doubt already have a preference as to which brand they want. The rest will come down to bugdet and choice.

I still think any buyer who weighs the purchase decision on 400m times will mod their car. After all, if you didn't care which was quicker, why would you even look at the times?
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post