Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
zdcol71
zdcol71

Default Mental illness or just evil??

I have just been reading a few posts from different areas and got to thinking, what are peoples perceptions on issues that are related to a persons mental state of mind.
Reason I ask is, I have just been through a complete thread where a member of this forum has a problem... doesnt matter what, but he has put it out as a mental health issue and has had a couple of pages of advice given, on people to talk to, medications to try, help groups....all very positive and supportive.(BTW, I applaud the forum for being able to give this guy the information he has been given)
Then I'm reading through another thread, where there is a reference to an "evil doer" who obviously has a mental health issue (by virtue of the fact that the crime he has committed is so abhorent to all on here that he must be suffering from some sort of mental imbalance), yet the "advice", and comments put forward are so far removed from assistance or anything positive,as to make me wonder if there is a distinction between people who need support and encouragement for their mental illness that is decided by the fact that they are members of any given community(read, Forum) or not?
Only asking the question, not trying to start a major "state of origin"??