Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
bluestripes
Q - CAR

Default ECU upgrade???? trickflow top end kit

Hi All

this is my first post after reading heap and heaps of informative stuff.. though I need some help with ECU

My situation is... Owned the AU1 V8 Ute ( not XR8 ) for the last tens years with the only minor mods being pacer extractors and CAI.

Though recently a blown head gasket cooked my engine, so I've gone out and brought the trickflow 'track heat' top end kit... with the stage 1 cam. Holley 70mm TB and a 75mm Pro M MAF... which is currenlty being rebuilt on a stock 302 short engine from Eagle. ( will possibly upgrade to a dart 363 within the following months) ... I ve also considering a T5z Ford racing box from summit... with an added chunky bit for the diff... but i still need to further research whether the T5z will blot straight on.

Though my problem now is the ECU or chip... so some advice would be really welcome... so i can get the old girl up and running.

A/ would putting an ECU from an AU11 XR8, solve my performance problems or would there be difficults between the smartsheild and smartlock systems.

B/ DO i use a piggy back chip and are any of these flash tunes any good?

C/ Or - do i just reset my ECU and drive it hard to reprogram it.

cheers

bluestripes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post