Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-12-2005, 12:33 AM   #1
EFFalcon
Last warning

Default TeH Hi TeCh EF

got bored the other week, and decided i'd whack a PC in my car for some extra multimedia entertainment.
A few months before hand i'd grabbed a cheap desktop computer, P4 1.6ghz, 20gb hdd, 256 or 512mv ram (can't remember) and all the other crap you get with a PC, this was only $150 and formed a base for the carPC, that sat idle for a while (as most things seem to do with me, lip spoiler anyone?)
Then Initial D got a job at autobarn, you beauty.. cheap bits!
He managed to get me a standalone 7" TFT screen for $100 so that made the deal even better, with the only thing needing purchase being the inverter i made my was out and picked up a 300w inverter for $80.

Having all the bits i needed i set out hacking up the PC case to fit under the seat.
I wanted it under the seat because i simply have too much crap in my boot, and there is more chance of more stuff going in there soon once an extra LPG tank goes in.
so with limited space under the seat i was restricted in what i could do, unforunately i needed to use a video card with TV-out whcih meant i had to get a seperate video card which then takes up more room.
i got a slim line card and chopped the bracket off so it sat in nicely, all good so far.
managed to find room for the hard drive to sit without being too hgih and got the whole lot under the seat.
Since i already put the inverter under the seat i was running out of space, the power supply wasnt gunna fit overly well, but its not too bad.
i can still easily sit in the back seat without any issues.

The screen was dummy fitted under the headunit quickly in an attempt to get it ready for GOR, i'm in the process of making it a bit more integrated.

piccies!
[img]hxxp://www.deleted link/pics/mycar/interior/screen1.jpg[/img]
[img]hxxp://www.deleted link/pics/mycar/interior/underseat.jpg[/img]
[img]hxxp://www.deleted link/pics/mycar/interior/power.jpg[/img]

the screen can easily be seen in both the front and back seats.
i know its nothin special, but it was a cheap project
i also need to get anther keybaord (mini one)

DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post