Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
richardnau
Focus LW MkII Titanium

Default LW Mk II Focus - new owner questions

Greetings all,

Took delivery of my Titanium diesel hatch a couple of weeks ago. Loving it. A very sophisticated and accomplished small car!

But I do have a couple of questions to which I can't find answers in the handbook...

1. Windscreen washer mess: I use the windscreen washers a fair bit as my route to/from work sees me pass through several of Sydney's tunnels, and it's not always possible to avoid the drips from the roof. However, whenever I use the washers, I end up with water all over the bonnet, trailing away in several directions from the washer nozzles. Is this normal? (Note: I am not talking about spray from the headlight washers. That's a different thing altogether!)
  2. Sony 9-speaker audio system - wiring diagram? I'm a bit of an audiophile and, though I'm quite impressed with the Sony audio system (for a manufacturer-fitted system), I reckon the bottom end is a bit light on. I'm contemplating a small sub-woofer to give some low end extension. Has anyone found or seen a wiring diagram for the factory-installed 9-speaker Sony system? I'm keen to find a way to interface to it without simply tapping from the speaker outputs. Also, does anyone know whether this system uses a separate amplifier (like the 10-speaker Sony system that is used in North America)?
And an observation: the Adaptive Cruise Control (I have the Sports Exec pack) is a very clever bit of kit. I have been amazed by its ability to keep up in freeway traffic, maintaining safe distance to the car in front. I thought it would be a bit of a gimmick - but it works VERY well.

Thanks.

Richard.

richardnau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post