Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #11
Fowl Can

Default Re: Rum Drinkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallurg View Post
I got a bottle of this "rhum" on a recent trip to the Philippines. The bottle cost me 60 pesos (about $1.80). The glass of coke to go with it was 70 pesos.....
Surprising it actually tastes ok. More like a liquor than a rum though.

Wow - surprised I only had to go 2 pages into an 8 page thread to find mention of Tanduay

For many years I've been an anti-drinker of dark rum, couldn't stand any of it. Until a friend who's married to a Filipina got me to try this stuff.

The taste is interesting, it's like about several different things at once, including brandy; having said that, for mine, still identifiably a dark rum.

It's nigh on impossible to get in this country, though it does crop up here & there; generally I can keep myself stocked up by letting my friend know, who in turn asks friends and/or in laws to bring a bottle back.

I still wouldn't touch Bundy, Inner Circle or any of that lot with a bargepole. Tanduay is the only dark rum I can drink & enjoy

More about Tanduay here

Avatar is previous Henry, EF GLi with EL front, at Belmore Basin.
Fowl Can is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post