Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Default food waste - need help with some research

Boring thread I know, but I'm trying to put a proposal to my council together about the lack of food waste options for residents in my area.
Where I grew up (which is a backwards hell hole to be honest), if you don't put your food waste in the organics bin, some old man will shake his jowels at you angrily or some other such punishment.
Where I'm living now, food waste HAS to go in your rubbish bin, if you don't have a compost bin or similar. Now, I rent, and the house is going to be demolished, so I'm not setting up a compost bin so it can all end up on landfill in six months anyway. Our green bin is solely for garden waste, and I, personally believe it's stupid. I have a bokashi bin myself, and a lot of my food scraps go to my furry compost bins (aka guinea pigs), but I know a lot of people aren't in the position for one or both of these options.
So, I'm looking for examples of areas that have food waste programs, extra points if your area has a community garden or something where food waste is used to create local food, so I can put together a pretty compelling proposal to my own council members. Feel free to inbox me if you don't want people knowing which council boundary you belong to out something.
Also, if you have any ideas for other waste reduction programs or activities, that would be great!
Thanks in advance guys!

The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post