Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
nstg8a

Default Crappy cell reception... Do boosters work?

We've just moved into our new house, and our reception is non existent inside the house and only marginally better outside.

I'm with Optus, and they told me we are in a reception 'hole' that's only a block or two wide, but they have no short term plans to do anything about it... But if we go fixed line Internet then they have an app that will transfer any incoming calls and texts via the Internet once my phone is connected on wifi...

My better half is on Telstra, and she gets below average reception inside or outside, but slightly better outside.

Telstra told her it's the brick construction of our house that's causing it, but had no answer when we said both our previous houses were brick and had no issues.

Telstras fix was for her to buy a new iPhone 5c, as it supposedly has a more powerful receiver or something. Or spend $700 on some aerial for the house.

On doing some Google research there's a few companies selling cell phone signal boosters, now these aren't cheap. They range from $300 up to over $1000... Anyone using anything like this?

Would hate to spend this money and for it to make no difference.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post