Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
juzandbec

Default Driving a MC TDCi Mondeo

Hello all,

I am very close to purchasing a 2011 Titanium TDCi Mondeo.
I drove 2 today, very nicely built, you can tell the European influence stepping out of a BF Fairlane!

So I did some reading and the constant flag raised ( true or not ) was the powershift trans. I read about the fluctuating RPM on steady load up a hill indicating trans issues and sure enough, the first one I drove did this, the RPM waving back and forward about 500RPM, so I parked that one.

The second one i drove this afternoon did not do this so I am close to purchasing. I have a question on the driving experience / transmission for all those current owners of MC powershift Mondeo's: Does your trans change abruptly and sometimes seemingly out of sync with your acceleration or de-acceleration?

My experience was the trans would either hold or drop down or up abruptly, - it didn't necessarily jerk the car but rather it felt like a someone was driving it manually and changing through the gears too quickly. I guess I'm comparing it to the 6spd ZF from the Fairlane which is like butter, seamless and predictable.

In your experience is this normal behavior that you get used to or is the powershift playing up in some way?

Your thoughts and experience on driving a powershift appreciated.

Cheers
Justin