Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #1
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default 2019 Aston Martin Vantage

Quote:
My one major critique of the Aston Martin Vantage over the years was that at first glance, it always looked a bit too hard to tell apart from its DB-series big brothers. The Vantage is meant to be the smaller, more sporting, more entry level (if there is such a thing) Aston Martin. Now there’s a new Vantage and it stands out even more from the DB11, and it does it with 503 horsepower.

Aston Martin took the wraps off the all-new 2019 Vantage this morning, and I’m really liking what I’m seeing. The automaker even had the stones to show it off in neon yellow, in addition to Aston’s typical stately gray-silver. It’s definitely something fun and different.

The chassis is said to be an evolution of the aluminum architecture of the DB11, but with 70 percent new structure components for lighter weight—this guy comes in at 3,373 pounds to the DB11's beefier 3,652 pounds in V8 form. (Obviously the DB11 V12 weighs even more.)

Like the DB11 V8 and Volante, power comes from the new AMG-sourced 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 making 503 HP and 505 lb-ft of torque. Zero to 60 mph happens in 3.6 seconds, an eight-speed ZF automatic is the sole gearbox (good, but a stick would be better) and it’s got some innovative new technology at work.

Namely, the car uses Aston’s Electronic Rear Differential, which they say “can go from fully open to 100 percent locked in a matter of milliseconds” and makes constant microadjustments to the which wheel is getting engine power.

Anyway, I think it looks great on paper and manages to be quite striking. This new Vantage finally puts some distinguishing space between it and the DB11, to the point where it may actually be the more compelling car.

The Vantage is on sale now with prices starting at $149,995 in the U.S. and deliveries begin in Q2 2018.
https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-aston-...hin-1820636456

I like it