Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #1
*rayman*
454 Power

Default How much do your neighbours hate you?

Do you ever take into consideration how much your neighbours dislike your hobbies? I mean when you are into cars, and decide it's a good idea to run in a cam at 11 o'clock at night etc?

I used to not give a rats a$$ when i was renting as they would only be 'temporary neighbours' for me. I always thought i would become more responsible and considerate of my neighbours when i bought a place, as they would become 'long term' neighbours then. But to be honest, i don't think i've changed.

I used to come home with the stereo cranked 4 x 10" subs let of some cool bass, or tune the stereo in the garage, now i just have noisy a$$ cars. Can't wait to fire over my 454 with open headers for the first time, half the town will hear it i bet

I once left to go to work at an early 7:30 on a saturday morning with open headers on my mustang, because i forgot to put the exhaust back on after a night at the drags. Couldn't be bothered doing it at the strip, figured i'd do it when i got home, but a few beers changed the plans..... Lucky my neighbour was one of my best friends at the time. He said he his townhouse shook like all hell when i started the car in the garage next door and downstairs.

Right now i have the music cranked at probably an unrespectable level, and had a few beers, so, unless someone comes bashing on the door i probably wont turn it down too soon.

Sometimes i feel it's a competition to see who can make the most noise pollution in our street, some of my neighbours can be very noisy at times.

So, do you show courtesy for your neighbours, or are you just as bad as me?

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post