Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-03-2021, 02:37 PM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default New car after sale extras like paint protection etc

Hi guys.

My wife just bought a new Escape and of course, with any car purchase, new or used, they try to offer you a range of 'extras'. These for us were in the form of paint protection and interior protection including free window tint (apparently there is no UV protection in factory tint/privacy glass??)

Paint protection was ceramic coating and interior was a product that offered similar protection. Normally I politely refuse but the products offered actually sounded pretty good. We agreed to add them.

Paint protection was ceramic coating, which they warrant for 5 years against the things its meant to protect against. Apparently even in the event of a crash, the car will go back to the dealer once repaired and they re do the coating. I guess we'll find out if we ever have to go through with something like that.

Interior also had the same 5yr warranty against any staining etc.

Window tint was warranted for life. Apparently even in 10yrs time if it starts to peel or bubble or have any issue not caused by us it will be replaced for free.

Maybe we've just been sucked in but being our first brand new car, and the fact we tend to keep cars for upwards of 5-10 years, we decided to go with it. The car is platinum white (premium paint) so that also was a factor as white does tend to stain easy in my opinion.

Does anyone else have experience with the products that Ford use? They are apparently australian products. Not sure if all Ford dealers use the same or if they are dealer specific.

It cost an extra $1900 which I didn't think was too bad. They did it for half price apparently but I'm guessing they never do it for full rrp and just try to make each customer feel like they are doing them a good deal. Either way, when you're spending $36k, an extra $2k didn't seem that big a deal. We needed tint anyway, so that makes the paint and interior pretection that bit cheaper.

Keen to hear from anyone that has bought a new Ford and used their products.