Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2024, 02:31 PM   #11
juzzmagic
Starter Motor

Default Re: GWM Ute..anyone looked at them closely?

My experience with GWM @ (-------) has been quite a journey. I purchased the GWM Cannon back in February 2024, and for the first five months, everything was going smoothly. However, recently, I encountered a major issue: when I tried to start the car, the push-button start wouldn't work, and various warning lights flashed on the screen like Christmas lights. It looks like the car will need to be towed back to GWM @(--------)

Here's a rundown of the work done on the car so far: I've had a tow bar, canopy, subwoofer under the seat, and a light bar installed. All of these modifications were professionally done by my mechanic. When it comes to warranty work, the service center at GWM @(-------) requires receipts for any modifications so they can submit them to GWM. Anything done by the owner gets recorded and noted, then submitted to GWM.

For example, even something as minor as poking a wire through a grommet in the engine bay could be scrutinized. The service department tends to pick and choose any modifications that might have caused a problem, ultimately to avoid a warranty claim. Currently, I've had to drag the car back to my home and strip off all the modifications to bring it back to factory stock. This was the recommendation from the service people at GWM @(---------)

It's clear that GWM @(--------) prioritizes profit over customer service. They seem to focus on nit-picking any potential faults to avoid honoring warranty claims. Customer service is out the window as they make every effort to dodge responsibility and put the burden on the customer.

watch this space for further updates asap.....
juzzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: