Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-10-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
89 S-PACK

Unhappy injector issues

ive been having some issues with my ea when i cold start or leave the car longer than 10 mins switched off... it blows petrol smoke like you wouldnt beleve and idles like **** for about a minute, but if u rev it u can hear it running lean but after that its fine.... i pressure tested the pump recently and i was told it was meant to be about 200kpa at idle and mines been living around 130-110kpa at idle. my fuel reg is new and the petrol filter gets changed every 10.000klms

my ea is on duel fuel and i do run on petrol on very time i drive the car... i let it warm up on pet and cos i have had issues getting the gas tuned so i run on pet everytime im driving in town and the lpg is basically used for highway driving atm untill i get it sorted

im a bit loathed to put s\h injectors and pump in..... is there any difference between the ea and the eb ed xr6 ones???? i know its hardly worth it putting new bits in being d\f but i would rather do it now than later when it does pack up in the middle of nowhere

02 (VX) Holden Commodore Equipe series 2 S/wagon.
Manual, Lsd, Catback, Svsi lpg.
still a nice reliable upgrade from the old magna..
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

i have some injectors on ebay, there at $10 atm
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
Gunns
Banned

Your fuel pump is dead! time for a new one. Your injectors are fine don't waste your money.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

It sounds like you have several issues at once.

Fuel pump pressure being low is a sign that the pump is on it's way out, but you need to test the flow volume of the pump.
A faulty pump will not cause it to blow black smoke when started, that sounds more like an injector problem, probably an injector or 2 leaking, how can you tell it is running lean by listening to it?, it will not be running lean and blowing black smoke at the same time.
Have you checked there is no other electrical problems with the car ie check for codes etc that could be giving similar symptons ie map sensor etc?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #5
89 S-PACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
It sounds like you have several issues at once.

Fuel pump pressure being low is a sign that the pump is on it's way out, but you need to test the flow volume of the pump.
A faulty pump will not cause it to blow black smoke when started, that sounds more like an injector problem, probably an injector or 2 leaking, how can you tell it is running lean by listening to it?, it will not be running lean and blowing black smoke at the same time.
Have you checked there is no other electrical problems with the car ie check for codes etc that could be giving similar symptons ie map sensor etc?
um allready have done that... there where no fault codes in the computer
what i meant by lean was u can hear it not running right till the pump pressure gets up to the point where it will run right

does anyone know of a good place to get NEW petrol pumps from on the western side of melbourne???

02 (VX) Holden Commodore Equipe series 2 S/wagon.
Manual, Lsd, Catback, Svsi lpg.
still a nice reliable upgrade from the old magna..
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #6
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89 S-PACK
what i meant by lean was u can hear it not running right till the pump pressure gets up to the point where it will run right
The rough running while blowing black smoke is probably more due to an excesive rich mixture, which as said earlier is probably more an injector problem rather than a low fuel pressure problem providing everything else (electrical) is ok.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post