Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
lostdude

Default have you ever thought of something and then it actually happens a minute later?

I was driving along this road after uni and there is alot of cars stopped and lined up from the traffic light intersection up ahead, i needed to turn left at the intersection and it was one of those turn at any time as long as theres no cars. Usually everyone goes straight at that intersection, haha so i made a smart choice and went in the break down lane and cut ahead to turn left, there was a truck blocking my view of whats ahead, and as i was passing this truck i thought to myself , it would be hell funny if there was a cop car infront of it, and 2 seconds later damn there was hahaha.
i got pinged for 2 demerit points and 128 bucks, for over taking on the left hand side.
It was a stupid thing to do but funny at the same time.
my first traffic office in 5 years, as i drive normal most of the time. There really is no point to this post, but perhaps just don't do anything stupid, you'll get caught hehehe.

Old 23-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdude
I was driving along this road after uni and there is alot of cars stopped and lined up from the traffic light intersection up ahead, i needed to turn left at the intersection and it was one of those turn at any time as long as theres no cars. Usually everyone goes straight at that intersection, haha so i made a smart choice and went in the break down lane and cut ahead to turn left, there was a truck blocking my view of whats ahead, and as i was passing this truck i thought to myself , it would be hell funny if there was a cop car infront of it, and 2 seconds later damn there was hahaha.
i got pinged for 2 demerit points and 128 bucks, for over taking on the left hand side.
It was a stupid thing to do but funny at the same time.
my first traffic office in 5 years, as i drive normal most of the time. There really is no point to this post, but perhaps just don't do anything stupid, you'll get caught hehehe.
Hmmm... what a ****er! Cop was a bit tough eh??
Old 23-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
lostdude

yeah it was pretty harsh but it was my fault. I cut around 100 metres or so.
He reckon if i had cut just 50 metres he would let me off with a warning. hehehe
Old 24-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
lavenlaar
AUSV8S.COM

Well last week i was listening to the radio and there was a guy on talking about old movies and if you ring up he'll tell you what it was called.
I knew of a movie as a kid where there was the building of the pyramids circa 50's /60s and all i remember was a scene where they are pulling up the sandstone blocks on rollers with about 100 men getting their asses whipped.
Now as i reach for the mobile, this old lady got on the radio and viola ! Same bloody movie ! Now i know its called the "Land of the Pharaohs" But i thought thats damn freaky.....the next day at the newsagents i bought a $10 scratchie and lost. oh well
Old 24-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
ef_classic
Banned

This happens alot with me.

I will be thinking of a movie that i have seen a few years ago, and sometimes the next day i will see it in the TV guide or on TV that that movie will be on FTA TV.

Happens alot.
Old 24-03-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

i dunno if anyone else gets it but i often have dreams that a few days later come true as in its the exact people and what they say and do etc.
For example i had a dream that i was at our school ag farm with a bunch of mates and we were watching the science class letting of rockets they had made. What do you know a few days later we were doing the exact same thing (movements and same kind of talk) while watching the other kids let off their rockets (in the exact same spot etc).. I had to stop for a second because i was actually a bit freaked out knowing that i had seen all this before.

Well yeah does anyone else sometimes get this?
Old 24-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Yeah this happens to me from time to time.

One that stands out is the time I was waiting at the traffic lights. This was one of those intersections were there is two lanes but they merge into one just after the lights. I noticed a car in front that had one of those big trailer thingos that are kinda like a cage (full mesh walls etc). He had a whole bunch of timber on board and I could see that it wasn’t tied down correctly and was just standing up diagonally in his trailer. I remember thinking that it looked really unsafe and decided in a split second to gun it at the lights and get in front of him. Which I did.

I then looked backed in my rearview mirror and saw carnage. The timer had flipped out of the tray onto the car behind, the vehicle with trailer had obviously then braked hard so there was a pile up of approx 3-4 cars.

I remember feeling a bit bewildered but exceptionally grateful that I had trusted my instincts and got the hell out of there.
Old 24-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #8
lavenlaar
AUSV8S.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
decided in a split second to gun it at the lights and get in front of him. Which I did.
I then looked backed in my rearview mirror and saw carnage.
Penelope - ever thought that you may have caused it....?
Old 24-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #9
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I was a little cranky with myself and a mate at school back in 1986. The news came on about the Challenger launch and I thought to myself " I hope that thing blows up".

I was horrified the next morning when I woke up to hear the news about the tragedy - I still think about it every now and again.....
Old 24-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

how can you cause timber falling of the back of a vehicle that isn't tied down? by driving past it, perhaps you stuck your head out the winder and with all your breathe had blown it off ;)

than again... it wouldn't of happen if it was tied down eh..
Old 24-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #11
GT-E

I get this alot with my phone. The phone will not be nearby, so I will get up and grab it and then a minute later it rings. Several people have commented on how did I know about it.
Old 24-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #12
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

I was thinking before that I'm sure I would find lots of new pointless threads on AFF when I logged on...

Spooky huh?

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
Old 24-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #13
gtfpv
GT

hhhhmmmm i dreamt the date of my death . , and the lotto numbers , plane crsh with me in it . wjen flying .
the death date was some time in 1989 , thank **** i was wrong , the lotto numbers i actually woke up and wrote them down . put the bet on and lost, flown plenty of times always landed . i have visited people inhospital and walked out thinking . theyre a gonna for sure . and whatched them walk out a week later . and many many more .

so THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE / have you ever thought of something and it hasn't happened ???? i'm so happy i'm not psychic . !!!!
Old 24-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #14
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
i dunno if anyone else gets it but i often have dreams that a few days later come true as in its the exact people and what they say and do etc.
For example i had a dream that i was at our school ag farm with a bunch of mates and we were watching the science class letting of rockets they had made. What do you know a few days later we were doing the exact same thing (movements and same kind of talk) while watching the other kids let off their rockets (in the exact same spot etc).. I had to stop for a second because i was actually a bit freaked out knowing that i had seen all this before.

Well yeah does anyone else sometimes get this?
Yeah it's happened to me more than a few times. It's a bit spooky.

Similarly, I remember the night my Grandmother died. She had had a heart attack at home 12 hours or so before, and was in hospital on life support, but there wasn't much hope for her waking up.
I woke up, wide awake at 2.36am. I knew. So I whispered goodbye, and that I loved her, but it was ok for her to let go.
20 minutes later the phone rang. The hospital staff called to say she had passed.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 24-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #15
lavenlaar
AUSV8S.COM

i knew everyone was going to say all this ! lol
Old 24-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #16
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I could be sitting at a red light, thinking, It'll turn green soon, SHOCK HORROR it does.

Seriously my wife dreams stuff all the time, which happens within the next couple of days, normally no names, just whats going to happen.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Old 24-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #17
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

For some unknow reason I can sense mobile speed cameras and police cars, every time I think of looking out for them - without fail theres one a bit down the road or around the next corner

Its only failed me once but this was when i had just bought the VX and was very stressed trying to learn to drive manual properly as i hadnt driven manual since my license test some 10 months prior

But yeah I also sometimes Dream whats going to happen in a few days time, doesnt happen as much as it used to though - used to happen alot when i was younger

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
Old 24-03-2007, 11:56 PM   #18
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink

and as i was passing this truck i thought to myself , it would be hell funny if there was a cop car infront of it, and 2 seconds later damn there was hahaha.

If U hadn't thought it, it probably wouldn't have happened.

:
Old 25-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #19
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Aye

I know everyday there is a thread to close in the bar... and guess what... there is.. wow!
Closed Thread