Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-04-2005, 10:37 PM   #1
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Talking cars that made you smile

a couple of months ago i got to drive one of the new Mini Cooper S and was totally blown away. it handled and accelerated like a go kart. i got out of the car with a huge grin on my face.

well, two weeks ago, the same thing happened. only this time, it was a 1995 Mini Cooper Monte Carlo 1.3i that did it. not that quick in a straight line, but it feels fastbecause of how close to the ground it is, but it went around corners and roundabouts like a slot car. i liked the thing so much, i bought it. it is really easy to see how Mini lovers become attached to their cars.

so, the RSgerry fleet expands. the car is a black with white roof and white bonnet stripes model with 4 speed manual, 1.3 fuel injected, half leather seats, walnut dash and air con (that works surprisingly well). every time i drive it i get out grinning like an idiot. and people stare, smile and wave at me. it is a bit odd at first, but the car has a strange effect on folks.

if you want my advice, give one a try. be warned, you could end up buying teh thing though :-)
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

See Im kinda strange. It would have to be a complete sh!tbox for me to not be able to enjoy any car in some way, shape or form.

Im always looking at buying something else, Im never happy; but when ever I get into my car and spin them up, drift a little or just goof around I forget about everything and Im totally satisfied.

I intend to have a small house with a massive garage one day...lol
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A car that made me smile was driving EXECJIM's VX SS, with its cam and head package fitted!! :
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 10:48 PM   #4
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
See Im kinda strange. It would have to be a complete sh!tbox for me to not be able to enjoy any car in some way, shape or form.

Im always looking at buying something else, Im never happy; but when ever I get into my car and spin them up, drift a little or just goof around I forget about everything and Im totally satisfied.

I intend to have a small house with a massive garage one day...lol
I'm with ya there lol
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 10:51 PM   #5
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

My old XR8 made me smile, as does my current S15. The funny thing is that it doesn't take an expensive or even a dynamically capable car to make you smile - FPV weekend in Chuckys uncles ZC Fairlane was testament to that, what a cruiser! On the other end of the scale, I've had some fun punting a mates old GTI Swift around, it's not quick, just fun! Same goes for your classic paddock basher, it can be a total POS but by hell you can't get the grin off your face!!!
Old 25-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

RSGerry, I'm too scared to test-drive the new Mini... I still love the old ones. Great to see you found a car to sink some money into!
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #7
MrQuan
Social Disaster

All you'd need is a bar fridge in the shed and you won't need the house :P

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 10:56 PM   #8
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I have a ball in work's Sherpa, there's probably a dictionary somewhere that has a photo of one next to 'slow'.

And you could get the grin off my face the first time I drove an XY GT. Blip the throttle and watch the shaker. Actually it was the only time.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 11:07 PM   #9
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My old RS2000. It was relatively stock but drove well. Now I have to rely on my XB for smiles whenever I've not modding it. It seems to spent more time in a performance workshop. For work I can't CBF'd doing anymore. Can't wait to get it back though. Everytime it comes home it's a blast. Pitty tight arsed people dob you in for the slightest bit of noise now days. Even if it is legal!

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 11:25 PM   #10
Steffo
LPG > You

I don't think there is a car that I would turn down, driving is fun, pure and simple.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2005, 11:43 PM   #11
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 12:25 AM   #12
PhaseIII

C4 Corvette
Rolls Royce Silver Cloud
Mercedes Benz C36
BMW E36 M3
Mazda 626 2.5 V6
Mazda MX-5
VU II SS Ute M6

One day hopefully... a PHASE III!!!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 12:50 AM   #13
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Every time I put my foot down and hear 4 Barrels of Holley fed Goodness (tm) reach 6000RPM........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong

Last edited by smciner1; 26-04-2005 at 01:01 AM.
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 12:59 AM   #14
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgerry
a couple of months ago i got to drive one of the new Mini Cooper S and was totally blown away. it handled and accelerated like a go kart. i got out of the car with a huge grin on my face.
yeah well one of my mates friends had a mini cooper s. handbrake failed and went straight through my mates garage. they r still gun though just might want to get the handbrake checked first if u were gonna buy one lol
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post