Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #31
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i can see why its against the law though. my mate was a passenger in a ute, with a ******** driving it. fishys on a dirt road, found some tarmac and rolled the car. crushed all 5 fingers and broke his arm.

it is harsh, i rekon u could contest it, but if the cop was soft on your mate, he'll probably be an *** to both of you
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #32
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wooow, fair dinkum. Fair enough for getting fined for having an arm out the window if it's a law, but demerit points?? That's just plain stupid. That means someone without a licence could be done for the same thing, but only cop a fine. Meh.

Good luck if you appeal mate.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #33
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

“can see why its against the law though. my mate was a passenger in a ute, with a ******** driving it. fishys on a dirt road, found some tarmac and rolled the car. crushed all 5 fingers and broke his arm.”

Yep sadly there is always ********* drivers around who do stupid chit like that. when I jump in the back of a Ute I know the risks that’s why I only ride in the tray of a Ute being driven buy somebody I know is not a clown when thay have unrestrained people in the back. (Offcourse this all happens on privet roads, well mostly LOL)
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #34
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
Wooow, fair dinkum. Fair enough for getting fined for having an arm out the window if it's a law, but demerit points?? That's just plain stupid. That means someone without a licence could be done for the same thing, but only cop a fine. Meh.

Good luck if you appeal mate.
Yeah cheers mate...

Love the keyboard warrios around here out:

But I see why I got fined, but then again going in a car altogether is basically taking one massive **** off risk... so many things could cause you to be wheel chair bound so yeah... I'm not bitching at the fine, just find it rather... I dunno stuck for words, on how to describe how I feel about the demiret point loss...
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #35
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSex
I'd be appealing too. Like someone else said, what would they have done had you not had a licence?

I nearly lost my licence last year. Driving on my P plates through NSW (ACT Ps), didnt notice a speed limit change from 60 to 50...so I got done 3 points for 10ks over. Also copped 2 demerit points for not displaying Ps (only a $77 fine in the ACT with no point loss...so I never bothered). It was my fault...cop was only doing his job...but no way I wanted to lose my licence. Ended up doing the 'P off course', which gives 4 extra points. Waited for that to be credited to my licence then paid the fines. Got away with it. I'm now on my full licence :P

Do your research and see if there isn't some way you can get away with it...
You're lucky with that. Far as I know if you lost your licence before doing the P off it doesn't matter when you paid the fine or not. I never bothered doing that course.

It's just plain revenue raising if you don't need it. $60 or so for 4 points extra that any moron can get that in previous years you got automatically = **** that : Basically pay to keep your licence without actually doing or learning anything.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 01:59 AM   #36
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X

Oh my god 2 scenarios that could just as easily happen if you were inside the car, or participating in one of 100 other things we humans do every day.

Lets see some stats of people who have lost there arm and had no other major injures by having there arm resting on the window sill.
lol, yeah i see alot of people falling out the car window...

So, by your definition it would be ok to sit/stand/walk around in the back of the ute?
Have you ever been in a ute at speed?

I have, going down Fire tracks (standard similar to many roads in vic) and just standing up is dangerous, let alone being unsecured...

And can you please learn to Quote properly, it is annoyingly hard to read...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 02:04 AM   #37
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why are people saying take it to Court? Whats the point , if you had your arm out, you had your arm out, how is taking it to court going to get you off it? Unless of course you perjure (lie) yourself.
If you do that and get caught out you're looking at gaol time.
Yep it's stiff losing points as a passenger, but if thats what the rule book says, as silly as it might be, then end of story.
Old 24-04-2007, 02:54 AM   #38
xr6ist

LMAO skotty mate you take it to court admit to having your arm out the window then ask the judge to remove the demerit points ive done it and you can win quite easily the judge himself couldnt believe the fine amount so he reduced it to $50bucks i paid less money and go no demerit points the judges arnt stupid they can see bullshit from cops just as easily as they can from normal people and judges get paid if you get off or not and this is south australia youll get off easy as **** admit to doing it then get demerit points removed keep your licence no need to appeal **** easy as.
xr6ist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 07:00 AM   #39
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
Why are people saying take it to Court? Whats the point , if you had your arm out, you had your arm out, how is taking it to court going to get you off it? Unless of course you perjure (lie) yourself.
If you do that and get caught out you're looking at gaol time.
Yep it's stiff losing points as a passenger, but if thats what the rule book says, as silly as it might be, then end of story.

But how can they prove that his arm was more than 300mm outside the window? Did they measure it? I think hes got a damn good chance of getting off. _2:
Old 24-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #40
mrnsx
Crash test pilot

when u got fined for sticking ur hand out, couldint u just say "i dont have a drive licence?"

Newest Addition

Holden Barina 2004
6L per 100k :
66kw :

Old Collection..

Falcon BA
Toyota Celica
Kawasaki zxr
Ford Festiva
Nissan 180sx
Daihatsu Feroza
mrnsx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #41
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
What a crock. Think about it FFS.

If you can be penalised as a passenger as a precedent, next time your mate gets done for hooning and you happen to be in the passenger seat, you may be copping a penalty too. Thats the type of thing that occurs when people "lay down" and take it in the ar se from their own government. But if its in the "rule book" im sure you will be happy to cop it sweet.

I would urge ANYONE who lost demerit points as a passenger to take the case all the way to court. A) its unjust, B) it makes their process expensive c)it clogs the system until they decide to dump the concept.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #42
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
I would urge ANYONE who lost demerit points as a passenger to take the case all the way to court. A) its unjust, B) it makes their process expensive c)it clogs the system until they decide to dump the concept.
Absolutely...
Old 24-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #43
james22
With da Warlords

When the coppa tried to book you for having your arm out the window, Why didn't you just say, "Sorry mate, i don't have a license". Worked for me, when a similar incident occured in my mates shitsibishi

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #44
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

but wouldn't they have gotten your details.. name .. last name? than checked it up ?
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 02:31 PM   #45
GT-E

Reading this thread I just see him in the passengers seat flipping the bird at the copper while the fully *** VL is fishtailing down the road.
Was the cop sure it was your arm or finger ?
just joking
Old 24-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #46
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

I think the real reason for the fine is that you were in a VL !!! :
sorry ryan ;)

I hope the appeal goes well matey
Old 24-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #47
Skotty
Banned

I think it was cause I was in a VL too :P

Nah, the cop was a good cop he said to my mate "how long has your windscreen been cracked for" my mate was honest and said about 9 months and the cop let him off ;P it's a HUGE crack too!
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #48
EF_Frmnt
Banned

my mate got defected and lost his licence for his number plate light, in the piggys exact words, "not emitting enough candle watt power"

so then later that night ****ed off at his loss, pulled 2nd gear all the way up the road in his SV5000 and got impounded
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #49
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
lol, yeah i see alot of people falling out the car window...

So, by your definition it would be ok to sit/stand/walk around in the back of the ute?
Have you ever been in a ute at speed?

I have, going down Fire tracks (standard similar to many roads in vic) and just standing up is dangerous, let alone being unsecured...

And can you please learn to Quote properly, it is annoyingly hard to read...
Is that better for you!!!

Exactly where did you pull that comment from On a public road it would be acceptable to sit in the back of a Ute, and yes I have been in the back of a ute at speed many times, been standing up in the back of a Ute travelling at 70km/h along on a gravel road holding onto the rail with one hand with a Double barrel 12 gauge in my other hand with the guy next to me doing the same thing what is your point?.

I didn’t fall out and at know time did I feel like I was going to fall out, and if I fall out my fault, if the Ute had a blow out and rolled well I made the call to ride in the back so I wear it, People have got to start taking responsibility for there actions and stop relying on laws to hide behind.

I have been riding in the back of Ute’s trailers, standing on the side steps of 4WD’s driving down a track or along the beach, riding on Roof racks, bull-bars since I was 10, I am now almost 23 and have never fallen and in all that time have only ever seen one person fall out of a Ute and he was OK.

Maybe it’s just a part of growing up in the country and spending times on farms when I was a kid but I personally don’t see what the big deal is.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 09:35 AM   #50
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_andrew
Yeh, its stupid.
What would the penalty be for someone without a license?
Maybe the same fine but without the loss of points? or a bigger fine?
my undestanding is that if you don't have a license, they take your details and you lose the demerit points if/when you do get a license.

my friend lost points for not wearing a seatbelt as a passenger when he didn't have a license. he lost them when he got his license for the first time.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #51
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

In the end I suppose you did your mate a favour by copping the fine because if you were not a licence holder, I'm sure he would have lost the points and the dough.