Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
lukey039
Just a spectator

Default Thanks to my brother!!!!!!!!

Hello Everybody,

Iam Back from OS.I would like to start this thread by thanking my great brother.While I have been OS for 2 months on my honeymoon my brother has been very busy without me even knowing it.Just before I went, for the first time the coolant light came on.Small coolant leak???Gave the keys to my brother to drive it while I was away."Dean its got a coolant leak so can you fix that before you drive it,thanks"?That was no problem,but to my surprise when I came home it turned into a night mare.First time apparently when Dean came over it was running rough and missing.Used 3 litres of water and some but the small coolant leak had been fixed.I was the apparent owner of a car with a blown HEAD GASKET.The first one it has eva had since I have had the car for 9 years.It has done 90000km since I rebuilt the motor.So instead of leaving it for me to do when I got back.Dean got in and repaired the problem.The head was not cracked nor was it warped.The front head bolt was loose.Just would not do up in the block.Strange.It was in a bad way.The pictures showed coolant spewing out of number 1 exhuast port.

Now fixed it does go alot better.While he was there he took the liberty of replacing the valve stem seals and had the head skimmed.Thanks again Dean.

Well it is great to be back.There is so much to see outside little old Australia.There are so many great places to visit Iam not sure where to start,but after all of it there is still no place like home.I can understand why everyone wants to live in this great place.I'l have to put up some photos from the trip and wedding.The cars OED666, BI6TIM and of course mine made for some great photos especially with the sun setting in the background.I have not seen the Professional photos as yet but the ones i have seen from family and friends look pretty good.

Old 19-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
Sundeep
Banned

Good to hear that he got it all fixed for you.

I saw some pics somewhere of your EA but I don't think they were very good quality, but it looked clean / tuff for some reason even though it's fairly cosmetically stock.

Do you have any more pics?

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
lukey039
Just a spectator

Thanks mate,Just wondering what the thread was called regarding the pics you seen of my car.I will get the photos up ASAP.
Old 19-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #4
ORSMEB
Steve

Good job Dean! Good bloke indeed
Old 19-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

What a great bro!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
EF_Frmnt
Banned

this is the best e-series i have seen in the flesh.. always perfectly clean. toughest sounding N/A 6 ever.

i have a few photos ill put up when i find them.. just before our last drag day night.

you forgot to mention how dean kept it pretty secret so you wouldnt stress on your honeymoon.. and did some more porting ;) he also spent all the time on your car that could have been spent on the turbo XF.. wonder when that will hit the road again.
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #7
EF_Frmnt
Banned

here is a few.. including that fresh engine..

checking over before the drags.. new pipes on..

ill leave it up to luke to tell you all exactly whats been done to the motor.. but its a flyer..
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #8
Sundeep
Banned

Any of the full exterior mate?

Sundeep
Old 20-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #9
lukey039
Just a spectator

Default some pics

Thanks again guys for the comments.I wonder if my brother has read this yet?
I have managed to find 2 photos amongest all the photos I have been given.

This is myself before the big day and my other pride enjoy

This is the line up.BI6TIM,OED666 and mine.

There are some other photos but this is it for the time being.
Old 20-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #10
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Ah good to see you're back Luke, sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

Your car has gone through some pretty large changes of late, the latest being a pretty good one from what Dean was telling me he's done. When is the next tune going to take place? I wanna see this thing in the 13's.
BI6TIM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #11
lukey039
Just a spectator

Yeh its great to be back!Some of those "top secret" changes I hope turn out good for the track.You are not the only one who wants to see this thing finally go hard : .
Old 20-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #12
snortingboost
XF Ghia. All snorted out

Got to say, it's good to feel appreciated as it was one of those things which started out simple enough but then, as always, i tried to re-invent the wheel, either way that head's worth a block of land and it would want to go 160-170 after tune. I must say, that thing is an animal and it turns heads from the rumble. If i had a dollar for every time someone took a good stare at the lights i wouldn't have had to go to work this week. I ended up parking it as i would have lost points for sure. It's the kind of car the just wants to be driven hard, nothing else.

I have my doubts about running a 13 bigtim but it will run a good 14 with healthy MPH. If it had 4.11's and a quickshifter then it would be in with a chance.
As for the XF, it's still coming back together but i'm unsure about which way to go with it. One day i'll have some time to dig in again and then i'll put in the hard yards. It's not a lack of motivation or money, it's all about time.

Anyway lads i don't intend on ending this with a counciling session but it's good to play a part in a strong, close family and i've learnt alot lately about just how important family is.
snortingboost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #13
Sundeep
Banned

That EA looks mint. Tough.

Haven't seen one in that nick since I was 5.

Nice work.

Sundeep