Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #91
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

for long term benefits, that won't disappear after you stop lifting, use a simple whey protein.

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Old 29-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #92
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
for long term benefits, that won't disappear after you stop lifting, use a simple whey protein.
This is what I have found to be the best one .
But creatine is great for me when I feel like I am not going anywhere and start to lose motivation .Gives me back the motivation and I see results as well .
Old 29-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #93
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive been bodybuilding for 20 years now, competed a few times etc, hindsight is a wonderful thing, looking back on it the best perminent results i ever got were from getting the basics right first, get your diet right and training hard and consistantly over a long period of time... all the suplimentation in the world is useless if those 2 things arent sorted out first, and i firmly believe if your diet is right i.e: 2 grams of good quality protien for every kg of body weight spread over 5-6 meals a day and good quality carbs etc, then suppliments are largely ineffective.
Remember the body can only use so much protien and carbs in any given period, any extra you take in that cant be metabolised just gets passed out..
Creatine has some benefits for allowing the body to better utilise avaliable energy, so in that respect you might find a chain reaction where an increase in energy which means you train harder and as a result get gains... but creatine itself does not build muscle.

When i was cutting up for comps i cut all forms of non natural protien, carbs and suppliments out 12 weeks before the comp, i found processed protien and carbs like protien powders, breads, rice etc made me hold water, creatine had the same effect.

Get you training and diet correct first, it will give you 95% of the final result without the need for suppliments.

Old 29-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #94
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
You will get 100 diff answers as to what works.
I believe:
Creatine, glutamine, whey isolate and a good multi will do everything you need.
You can go a step further and take ALA, CLA, tribulus and a thermogenic, which i believe all work also - but in the end its a matter of funds and how hardcore you are lol.
Thanks SSBub - yeh I realise its very hard to give a definitive answer to it all. Appreciate you giving some info.

Lots of good stuff coming out here.

Redline - spot on with your post. That is exactly what I was talking about - and you bet - controlled reps are key no matter what technique is used.

4Vman you are spot on. Got any more diet tips? If you were to use a pure normal protein (as you said you didnt use powder and stuff) - what was it then?
Old 29-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #95
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
Thanks SSBub - yeh I realise its very hard to give a definitive answer to it all. Appreciate you giving some info.

Lots of good stuff coming out here.

Redline - spot on with your post. That is exactly what I was talking about - and you bet - controlled reps are key no matter what technique is used.

4Vman you are spot on. Got any more diet tips? If you were to use a pure normal protein (as you said you didnt use powder and stuff) - what was it then?
I ate predominantly lean red meat, chicken fillets, tuna in springwater and egg white as my sources of natural protien.
For carbs i ate lots of veggies, potatoes, rice and cooked pasta.
Id rather buy these then buy protien powder, although i do understand protien powder has its place for convenience and a good cost effective substitute, if you're competing though you should cut out all protien powder no later than 10 weeks before a comp so fluid retention isnt an issue.

Old 29-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #96
XR666T

Some good info coming along here we can all learn from.

Let's keep this thread going
Old 01-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #97
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
i would take 5 grams - that seems to be the base level of recieving benefits from studies done - plus its only 2 grams on top of what your taking now...you can take this for 6 weeks still - it just means 4 weeks your at your prime, rather than 5 weeks, 2 days kind of thing with the loading. But some people dont cycle. At the moment im trying to lean out for a local competition (not bodybuilding but one of those biggest loser ones) - and i dont have too much fat to loose so i need to keep all the muscle i get...hence creatine (and glutamine!!!).
I used max's once i now remember, it was a pineapple whey isolate from memory. Max's are ok i believe. If you are dead serious i would use AST products. They have worked well for me. Not pushing their products but they are pretty good - go to ast-ss.com and have a look. Alot of good articles, some product pushing as per normal - but just cut through the bull and read the articles and research. They seem to be on the level which is rare for a bodybuilding supplement company - plus the head exercise physiologist is an aussie! Daniel Chick uses ast just for the record, and ya know hes a tough nut.
Thanks alot for the info mate, appreciate it. So i guess cause im only taking small amounts of creatine i wouldnt need to cycle it. What is the importance in cycling it anyway?
Old 18-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #98
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

**thread mine!!!**

So anyone gotten on Creatine and have any results to add here!?!
Old 18-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #99
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

been trying a new creatine...Kre-Alkalyn creatine in pill form from Greenridge. It is gold and better than the AST micornized creatine i was taking. Shop owner said she gets tonnes of positive feedback from it. I ran 6kms the other day and previously used to do 4. I just kept on going. My weightlifting is also increasing yet im in leaning out mode. Its failry cheap stuff to. I rate it, give it a go. A bottle of 60 tabs cost me 35 bucks so your not going to lose much $$ if it doesnt work. Best supplement i have taken (protein aside)
Old 18-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #100
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn I wish I had of seen your post about 5 mins ago.

Just ordered some Max Creax3. Its apparently like a new generation style creatine with a creatine esther (the product has 3 types of creatine in it - one of them is this esther).

Anyway I'm keen to give it a go and just see how it goes.

Last edited by XA Coupsta; 18-10-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 18-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #101
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Please ...Casper where's the lockwood if you've a mind to.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 18-10-2006, 11:18 PM   #102
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
What other supps are out there (so we've covered protein and creatine) that will get results?
You could try the juice out of a bulls testicle :
Old 18-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #103
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Please ...Casper where's the lockwood if you've a mind to.
why lock it? better than starting a new thread thats exactly the same in content isnt it?
Old 18-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #104
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBIRD
Hi guys, just wondering if any of you guys use creatine as a supplement when weight training??
Ive heard both good and bad about it and just wanted your opinions, the main negative point made about it is... "Renal dysfunction accompanying oral creatine supplements" so... what do you think??

hey mate creatine is alright, however i use a supplement by the name of Myocytin, it is an advanced creatine, from the company BSC would seen them sponsoring NRL all them use it. got a mate into the gym alot and his best mate is a body builder like a full on one and says she's the go. try mass monster also from BSC put alot of size on.

Cheers
pete j
Old 19-10-2006, 04:42 AM   #105
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

A bit O/T , but for people thinking of using Steriods these are worth a read :-

http://www.aic.gov.au/research/drugs.../steroids.html

http://www.anabolicsmall.com/roida2a.htm

http://www.tqnyc.org/NYC063394/steroids/

This is different I know , but I take steroids for medical reasons & are probably a different type of steroid. It's supposed to be taken for " short duration ONLY" , I've been on it for 40 years . (but it's kept me alive, I wasn't supposed to see my 18th B/day)

Some people have said to me "WOW I wish I could take the stuff you're on" ! (I could work for 36 hours non stop , no problem)

When I started on it (aged 12) nearly doubled my muscle bulk.
Increased my weight by 1/3
Could lift heaps more than before .
Felt Like I could take on "Mike Tyson" (magic word = Felt)

Now I'm 6ft & just make 60 Kg's on a good day & still taking BIG doses of it

Side Effects :-
Osteoperosis (I'm 52 & have bones equal to a 75 y/o) I've had 9 cracked ribs from Sneezing & Coughing . 2 broken toes , a smashed ankle & chipped vertabre in my back .
Excessive Bruising & Bleeding , only have to have a bump to get a 2" bruise , a small "nick" and you bleed like nothing else for hours .
Deteriation of skin & body tissue. My skin doesn't "scratch" it rips
Extreme Fluid Retention . Sometimes I can't even put my shoes on .

So think Twice ,No , Three times before going down this track . :

Ok , Back to topic . :

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
Old 20-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #106
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The best part about Creatine is the extra muscle energy you get when using it. You can easily get out another couple of reps and a few extra sets without feeling as tired at the end of a workout as you did before using it.
Old 20-10-2006, 07:54 PM   #107
5LMonty
FORD = First On Race Day

Quote:
been trying a new creatine...Kre-Alkalyn creatine in pill form from Greenridge. It is gold and better than the AST micornized creatine i was taking. Shop owner said she gets tonnes of positive feedback from it. I ran 6kms the other day and previously used to do 4. I just kept on going. My weightlifting is also increasing yet im in leaning out mode. Its failry cheap stuff to. I rate it, give it a go. A bottle of 60 tabs cost me 35 bucks so your not going to lose much $$ if it doesnt work. Best supplement i have taken (protein aside)
Have taken some inspiration from your post SSUB and hooked myself up with some Kre-Alkalyn! Did some research about it before spending the money and it sounds like the business. I like the idea of no loading phase, its a capsule, more energy/power etc etc... Will let you know what i think....
Old 21-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #108
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

keep us posted, i rekon it is really good creatine, im lifting heavier and heavier and running further and further since taking this stuff...tis gold! I have one pill in the morning and one after a workout (which is at late arvo).
Keen to see how you go with em
Old 05-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #109
Resofour
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LMonty
Have taken some inspiration from your post SSUB and hooked myself up with some Kre-Alkalyn! Did some research about it before spending the money and it sounds like the business. I like the idea of no loading phase, its a capsule, more energy/power etc etc... Will let you know what i think....
Kre-alkalyn has received some real bad news in recent studies real bad - stick with creatine monohydrate, CEE or TCM better value for money.
NEVER load creatine it isn't necessary no science supports it - its just a way to get people to take more and therefore buy more!! supplement company psuedo science!