Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #31
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
BAD whoosha!
YES HE IS! :
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #32
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
YES HE IS! :
LOL........

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #33
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
YES HE IS! :
Ok you win I will just have to teacher something else : Carn"t have her getting crook on something she eat..... :

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #34
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So true mate....don't know diseases are carried by ....well you know.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #35
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Ok you win I will just have to teacher something else : Carn"t have her getting crook on something she eat..... :
Oh shut up! :

I'm coming down next weekend to see her. Spoke to Mark (Pinkbits, not my Mark) and I'm still debating over getting one. Might wait until I see Shelby and decide then. That's if he still has the pups available.

Who here knows much about Rotties? I want one but I don't know much about them. What are they like with young kids/babies? Are they possessive? Do they get jealous? Exercising? I've got to do some reading up on this breed. Are the females' temperaments any different to the males? Etc and so on....
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
Old 29-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #36
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Oh shut up! :

I'm coming down next weekend to see her. Spoke to Mark (Pinkbits, not my Mark) and I'm still debating over getting one. Might wait until I see Shelby and decide then. That's if he still has the pups available....
MMM to slow all gone now but you can still visit and see if my intense training is working on her...
Well the first week of the new family member has been interesting she has gained nearly !/2 a kilo and deposited 2 kilos of poop around the yard : (go figure hey) Dont think she was the smartest girl in the litter does some of the stupidist things how ever thats kids for ya.. if she could just figure out that you carnt pick a basket ball up when your mouth is only 40cm wide and that not every thing you see is to be bitten or chewd on including Dads toes (mite have to start wareing boots at home ) how ever she has been great as a outside dog goes staight to bed no crying or howling here"s just a few more pickys before the novelety wares of

Don"t think she likes her collar to much either

bed at last

Quote:
Old 29-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #37
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

awwwwwwww
geez she's a cute looking pup
she'll get over the toe chewing stage, just tap her on the nose when she does it not hard though cause then she will get scared of you...
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #38
StookEB

AAWWWW shes cute. Dogs soon learn.
Our Labrador comes inside and he soon learned to tell us when he has to go outside. Well rubbing his nose in it if he did it inside helped too.
Old 29-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #39
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by EArulz
AAWWWW shes cute.
No she's not! She's a viscious & evil terroriser. She almost mauled me to death today! She bit me and then bit me again :

Now here's the truth ... she's the most gorgeous little pup I've ever laid eyes on I wanted to squeeze her lol. I could sit and watch her antics for hours. She's the clumsiest little thing but in the most cutest way lol. Gosh she so gorgeous! I'm gonna pinch her :Up_to_som

So up yours Whoosh ... she loves me :
Old 05-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #40
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Thumbs up Shelby Takes on the Lion

Hey all.. yeah I know I wasn"t going to do more pickys of the new family member but as I wasn"t aloud to make her attack FRDGAL I thought i would find something else to amuse her with ..What better than a GM lion to Maul : and with great results too ..smart dog this one

no encouragement at all straight to the throat

what a great win for Shelby I"m betting the Lion will be headless by arfternoon tea time

Quote:
Old 05-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #41
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Cute pics Whoosha. She's such a pussy cat. I say the Lion will have her head by tea time LOL :

She's so adorable! I laughed so much watching her with that basketball yesterday. You've got to try and get some footage of her & the ball lol.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #42
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

now that's a good dog

now u hav to teach her how too pee on all the holdens :
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #43
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Oh shut up! :

I'm coming down next weekend to see her. Spoke to Mark (Pinkbits, not my Mark) and I'm still debating over getting one. Might wait until I see Shelby and decide then. That's if he still has the pups available.

Who here knows much about Rotties? I want one but I don't know much about them. What are they like with young kids/babies? Are they possessive? Do they get jealous? Exercising? I've got to do some reading up on this breed. Are the females' temperaments any different to the males? Etc and so on....
I you are seriuos about getting a rotty have a poke around here

http://rottweilerclubofvictoria.com/...ndex.php?id=34
http://www.rottweilerclubofvictoria....vbreedinfo.pdf

You have to be firm with a Rotty. They are fantastic around kids, but there will be obvious mishaps once the dog gets to a weight that is equal or greater than the young child. Doggy school is an absolute must unless you have experience at training dogs. But even if you are an experienced dog trainer the social aspect for the dog at doggy school is a good experince. Rotties dont need heaps of exercise. Our pooch gets about an hour a day around the vast open areas around where we live.
The main thing is to be sure the dog knows where he/she sits in your family pack, and that must be at the very bottom.
Rotties are great watch dogs, and ALWAYS hungry.

The Rotty gets 10 out of 10 for all round usability.

edit:... We bought our Rotty from these people. I can highly reccommend them as a breeder, and they will ship the dog to you if need be. So if your after another source of pups they are worth a phone call.

http://www.allerhochst-rottweilers.com/

Cheers.

Last edited by Outbackjack; 05-08-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #44
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Allerzeit Demi is our pup..... She is a tad bigger now.

http://www.allerhochst-rottweilers.com/010101.html
Old 05-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #45
rodderz

I'll take bets now as to how long that doggy bed lasts for, couple more weeks and it will be in 200 pieces, with a mad whoosha running around with a shopping bag picking up stray bits of foam

Been there done that!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #46
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
I you are seriuos about getting a rotty have a poke around here

http://rottweilerclubofvictoria.com/...ndex.php?id=34
http://www.rottweilerclubofvictoria....vbreedinfo.pdf

You have to be firm with a Rotty. They are fantastic around kids, but there will be obvious mishaps once the dog gets to a weight that is equal or greater than the young child. Doggy school is an absolute must unless you have experience at training dogs. But even if you are an experienced dog trainer the social aspect for the dog at doggy school is a good experince. Rotties dont need heaps of exercise. Our pooch gets about an hour a day around the vast open areas around where we live.
The main thing is to be sure the dog knows where he/she sits in your family pack, and that must be at the very bottom.
Rotties are great watch dogs, and ALWAYS hungry.

The Rotty gets 10 out of 10 for all round usability.

edit:... We bought our Rotty from these people. I can highly reccommend them as a breeder, and they will ship the dog to you if need be. So if your after another source of pups they are worth a phone call.

http://www.allerhochst-rottweilers.com/

Cheers.
Thanks for that. I've already done alot of research/reading and one of the websites I got information from was the Rottie Club of Vic. Have spoken to vets about health issues with this breed. Have spoken to the council, pet shops ... I've done alot of running around. And thanks for the link to the Allerhochst website. I'll be looking to get one after Spring and they are expecting a litter in Nov/Dec so it works out perfectly for me, as far as timing. Will give them a call

In the meantime, watching Shelby will be a huge help to me as far as learning. Gives me the opportunity to see how the pup develops over the first few months of it's life and to see it's characteristics. What to do & what not to do etc and so on. So far I've learnt not to let the washing on the line hang too low LOL.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #47
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Thanks for that. I've already done alot of research/reading and one of the websites I got information from was the Rottie Club of Vic. Have spoken to vets about health issues with this breed. Have spoken to the council, pet shops ... I've done alot of running around. And thanks for the link to the Allerhochst website. I'll be looking to get one after Spring and they are expecting a litter in Nov/Dec so it works out perfectly for me, as far as timing. Will give them a call

In the meantime, watching Shelby will be a huge help to me as far as learning. Gives me the opportunity to see how the pup develops over the first few months of it's life and to see it's characteristics. What to do & what not to do etc and so on. So far I've learnt not to let the washing on the line hang too low LOL.
Glad that I could help... Give them a call and arrange to meet them. They vet (no pun intended) their customers. Seems a bit arogant, but they really do love their dogs, as you can see by their carefully planed litters. No sign of any hip problems with our pooch as well. That is really important.

Good luck, and be prepared to be smitten by your new master, I mean pet!!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #48
HLC
Audi S3

"shelby right mate"

:

cute pup