Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Default Van Halen to get back together, with David Lee Roth!

At first I didn't think it was real but no, apparently it is, and Van Halen are planning to get back together with David Lee Roth in front! :
news article

Quote:
Van Halen planning reunion

From correspondents in Los Angeles

August 09, 2007 08:18am
Article from: Reuters

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

DAVID Lee Roth and his former bandmates in Van Halen will officially announce their reunion during a news conference at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles next Monday, according to their representatives.
"Come witness rock history as Van Halen makes an announcement of monumental proportions," said a media alert e-mailed on Wednesday by concert promoter Live Nation.

Roth will be present at the 11am (PDT) announcement, along with Van Halen guitarist Eddie Van Halen and his older brother, Alex Van Halen, the band's drummer.

It will not exactly be a reunion of the classic lineup famed for such hits as Panama and Running with the Devil, because bassist Michael Anthony has been replaced by Eddie's 16-year-old son, Wolfgang.

Roth and Van Halen were supposed to hit the road earlier this year for a reunion tour, but plans fell through when Eddie Van Halen entered rehab in March for undisclosed issues. His illness also scuttled a potential reunion at the group's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction later that month.

Roth, 52, quit Van Halen in the mid-1980s, during the band's heyday, in hopes of attaining solo stardom. Those dreams crashed, and Van Halen continued successfully with Sammy Hagar on vocals.

The band's luck ran out a decade later when Hagar and Van Halen acrimoniously parted ways, and a new album with a third singer tanked. Since then, both Roth and Hagar have briefly aligned with Van Halen, and the two singers even toured together, despite Roth's barely concealed enmity for Hagar.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
MRJUCY
Fordless

Will be interesting to see if they can stick it out this time they've tried several times before.
I'm not really much of a fan of theirs but saw them with that 3rd joker they had for a little while & saw Sammy solo but Dave is there best choice as he is such a showman.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
muppet

Lets just hope Eddie can stay sober and play his guitar . I have seen some pretty sad vids of him trying to on youtube .
Old 09-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Morpheus
Take the blue pill...

Rock!
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love for this to happen. They made a smilar announcement last year but it never went ahead.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
XWGT