Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #31
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

But i was...
Main reason for bonnet scoops on older highly modified cars is for clearance from the carbi which is due to highrise manifold.
Any injected car (old or new, talking traditional injection, not methonol) with the bonnet scoop looks gay, no point to it. Also bonnet scoops on E-series cars look ugly because they dont follow the lines of the car and looks out of place.

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2007, 10:17 PM   #32
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
But i was...
Main reason for bonnet scoops on older highly modified cars is for clearance from the carbi which is due to highrise manifold.
Any injected car (old or new, talking traditional injection, not methonol) with the bonnet scoop looks gay, no point to it. Also bonnet scoops on E-series cars look ugly because they dont follow the lines of the car and looks out of place.
thats of course in your opinion, and they do serve a purpose, so your saying el gt's, eb gt's, aits etc are ugly because they have a scoop and are injected? makes sense to me :

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #33
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Actually I do think ELGT and EBGT's are ugly....EBGT looks like its got a toilet seat on the bonnet

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 01-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #34
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Quote:
But i was...
So what Category Does my motor come into ?

I have to have a Hole / Scoop just so my bonnet closes ...

What Do YOU think I should Put there ??
Old 01-10-2007, 11:52 PM   #35
3.9from hell
hoons cause global warmin

Quote:
Actually I do think ELGT and EBGT's are ugly....EBGT looks like its got a toilet seat on the bonnet

good to see your so keen on sharing your oppinon as fact on a subject that is purely objective, i liked the look the ebgt scoop on my ea so i fitted it. to my eye it looked good and ultimately thats wat its all about isnt it? if u like the look fit it, body kits and spoilers do sfa aerodynamic good but most ppl like them. sum dont and subsequently dont fit them to there cars as is there rite. no point comparing sumthing that is a cosmetic item on a functional basis. most ppl who hav bonnet scoops and bulges on i6s do not funtionaly need them. sum do but i bet in most cases there setup could hav been reworked to fit the filter etc under bonnet level, but they chose to utilise a bonnet scoop to achieve the result they wanted, and thats how it should be, if it does the job u want, be that cosmetic or functional, go for it. and pay no attention to those who hang crap on it cos its not the way they would do it :
3.9from hell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2007, 12:51 AM   #36
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.9from hell
body kits and spoilers do sfa aerodynamic good
Published 1993.
"Your Complete Guide To Modifying Your Ford".
Reference: Building A Ford - The EB GT (Pages 101-105)

"The breath taking body kit wasn’t just a backyard lash-up, either.
Designed in Australia, the body addenda was extensively tested in the MIRA wind tunnel in Britain. As well as the spoilers and skirts seen here, and undertray, front wind-splitter and rear Gurney Flap spoiler were all tried, but then discarded because of aerodynamically poor results. The finished product reduced overall lift by a staggering 40 percent, with no increase in the standard car’s very good drag co-efficient of 0.31."

"Generally, getting less lift means putting up with greater drag, and so the wind-tunnel work in the GT’s case was very well executed. It not only looks beautiful, its functional as well."

just cosmetic hey?!
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
bArNsY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2007, 12:59 AM   #37
3.9from hell
hoons cause global warmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bArNsY
Published 1993.
"Your Complete Guide To Modifying Your Ford".
Reference: Building A Ford - The EB GT (Pages 101-105)

"The breath taking body kit wasn’t just a backyard lash-up, either.
Designed in Australia, the body addenda was extensively tested in the MIRA wind tunnel in Britain. As well as the spoilers and skirts seen here, and undertray, front wind-splitter and rear Gurney Flap spoiler were all tried, but then discarded because of aerodynamically poor results. The finished product reduced overall lift by a staggering 40 percent, with no increase in the standard car’s very good drag co-efficient of 0.31."

"Generally, getting less lift means putting up with greater drag, and so the wind-tunnel work in the GT’s case was very well executed. It not only looks beautiful, its functional as well."

just cosmetic hey?!

sum good if u regularly travel at 200kmh i suppose :togo: fair point tho
3.9from hell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #38
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Geez sorry for having an opinion that doesnt conform with everyone else around here. Seems to be the norm these days.
I'm a person of function of fashion, I think most non-factory bodykits looks like plastic-fantastic

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 02-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #39
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Following through on your reasoning then why have you not ditched the XR bodykit, & returned the bodykit to GLi spec? After all if it was all about function over fashion, then surely the standard GLi headlights work better then Aussie 4 eyed pride.
Tis all good 347_XR8 - different opinions are welcomed - otherwise we'd all be driving identical HSV kitted Commodore Executives like countless other sheep out there.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #40
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Quote:
Geez sorry for having an opinion that doesnt conform with everyone else around here. Seems to be the norm these days.
I'm a person of function of fashion, I think most non-factory bodykits looks like plastic-fantastic
Reason why the XR has not been ditched

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 03-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #41
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

what about the ba xr8 / gts with the shakers? they look good and also work.
BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
LOW_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #42
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
whats the point of having bonnet scoops on injected cars...they look crap
I hate the Shaker on the bonnet bulge, what are ppl thinking!!

Now they are thinking of doing this with the Orion

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post