Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #91
streetracer23

yep im on my ps thats why im going for NA. the xr6 sounds right re price, performance, comfort and a list of other boxes that needed to be ticked. i plan on keeping the car for a good while which is why i was asking abt the jap cars because when i get my full license ill be throwing a heap of mods into it and thought the falcon couldnt me modded anywhere near the extent the skyline and others could.. but yea u look at that pyroea weapon and i guess yes u can do it but i dont think that thing could go around the circuit as well as skylines if u put the same amount of money udner the hood.. but yea i doubt il be modding it to that extent anyway so it doesnt matter that much.

about the vr4 yes i considered it very thoroughly but its a turbo and its only 4 cylinders which means i doubt it will stay reliable if i plan on owning the thing for a good while.. mechanic mate was telling me the electrics in them go bonkers around now for those age mitsubishis.

and blackls yea im not looking at pushing 180.... yet.

anyway yea thx for the advice il find a well cared for el xr6 in that nice dark green colour, a little later throw on some extractors, full exhaust, bigger brakes, coilovers, air intake, later on turbo the thing.... aha thats all if time and money allows!!!!
streetracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #92
streetracer23

and thanks for those articles sleekism id been looking for something like that but couldnt find one
streetracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 02:01 PM   #93
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

If anyone has doubts about the Falcon on the track heres a documentary of an XR6 Turbo vs an R34 Skyline.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yvrruKchXV8
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #94
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Thanks for that Sleekism. Not the result I was expecting at the start of the vid.

I’m certainly more keen to take on a friends Stagea Neo 6 auto on a track now that I’ve seen that.

And for big, dumb fun with easy to get parts and local knowledge, panels, parts etc that won’t send you broke my vote goes to the XR6.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #95
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
Thanks for that Sleekism. Not the result I was expecting at the start of the vid.

I’m certainly more keen to take on a friends Stagea Neo 6 auto on a track now that I’ve seen that.

And for big, dumb fun with easy to get parts and local knowledge, panels, parts etc that won’t send you broke my vote goes to the XR6.
Yeah all we have to do is cross our fingers and hope the next Falcon XR6 Turbo loses 200 kilos and gains an AWD option which is probable seeing as the Falcon and Territory share a platform. As for weight loss it seems unlikely but then again the Falcon did pioneer weight saving technologies with the XD eg.plastic fuel tank
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #96
Disciple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
Yeah all we have to do is cross our fingers and hope the next Falcon XR6 Turbo loses 200 kilos and gains an AWD option which is probable seeing as the Falcon and Territory share a platform. As for weight loss it seems unlikely but then again the Falcon did pioneer weight saving technologies with the XD eg.plastic fuel tank
If an AWD Falcon comes out don't be suprised if it puts on 200kgs man. I doubt very much Orion will be any lighter than BF - I would guess it'll put on at least 50-60kgs pushing the XR6T up near 1850kgs.
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #97
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K

While looking for a daily i took a test drive of the Neo 6 Stagea on the weekend at Kamikaze motors and all i can say is wow.. A very nice car indeed..
But couldn't persuade me enough to jump across so i ended up with an AU V8 monty