Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default MotoGP rider Chris Vermeulen gets behind the wheel of V8 Supercar

Just incredible," said Vermeulen.

"The only real thing I can compare with my Suzuki MotoGP motorcycle is the fact that both machines are fast, but from there it's completely different.

"Braking is the biggest surprise. For something that's around nine-times heavier than what I race, the stopping performance is amazing.

"Power from the V8 race engine is also very impressive. I can see why these things are so popular with the drivers and fans alike.

"Vision in the car is very limited to what I'm used to. Being inside and having a rollcage around you, plus the seats and the harnesses is a complete contrast to simply jumping on a bike!

"I had raced at Winton a long time ago, but in the racecar it's like the whole place had shrunk. Compared to the bike, the car takes up so much space on the track. Finding the right line was very tricky as I didn't know where the front left was on the track!

"It was good to first get some laps beside Jason. When I then jumped-in, I took it easy and worked my way into it. I did have a spin and thought it best to come back and have a chat with guys.

"Jason gave me a few more tips and I was really surprised when he said go back out and really have a go!

"Then to finish Jason got back in the driver's seat and those last few laps really opened my eyes to what the car is capable of."

Bright was impressed with his star pupil's first drive of a Ford V8 Supercar.

More...
http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchive...rmeulen_v8.htm

Old 05-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Racing a Ford V8 and a high powered sports bike. Living the dream!
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2007, 05:03 AM   #3
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Great stuff, thanks Trev. So now we can look forward to Chad Reed, Casey Stoner and Chris Vermeulen taking to the V8 Supercar grid sometime down the track, very cool!

How good does Bright's car look???

Michael Schumacher recently rode a MotoGP bike and lapped within 5 seconds of a pole time... perhaps he's the next Greg Hansford or John Surtees?
1969 Kombi
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post