Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #31
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

doin mountain twisties and workin on it.. no i take that back, driving it AFTER ive worked on it.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #32
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I like they whole hobby aspect of it. I like to maintain my baby, making improvements to her and dreaming about its future. Nothing like spending most of Saturday detailing it and going for a cruise on a Sunday arvo, even though petrol price are making me think twice about going for long cruise all the time.

I remember seeing other AU Ghias with Tickford touches while I had my EB Ghia and thinking "I'd love one of those oneday" but when they where $50K + never thought it would be, but it was to be and I'm a happy camper.
Once I get the parts I've accumulated together and working together you'll see a very happy chappy, and thats another aspec I'm enjoying at the moment.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #33
TZENU
XY Driv3r

The feeling you get when you first laid eyes on the car you've dreamt about since your were 'knee high to a duck' and knowing that all your blood, sweet and tears getting it up to standards are paying off...

The sound of the fuel pump buzzing just before you kick the Clevo in its guts, the earth moving feeling as you gently cruise it down beach road and the adrenelin rush you get when you see that needle hit 6grand

I LOVE IT!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #34
XW_GS
Paulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
The feeling you get when you first laid eyes on the car you've dreamt about since your were 'knee high to a duck' and knowing that all your blood, sweet and tears getting it up to standards are paying off...

The sound of the fuel pump buzzing just before you kick the Clevo in its guts, the earth moving feeling as you gently cruise it down beach road and the adrenelin rush you get when you see that needle hit 6grand

I LOVE IT!
EXACTLY

i couldnt have worded it better myself _2:

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #35
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgerry
When I drive the Mini, I love going around corners at speeds most others can only dream of. I am getting new tyres on the weekend - R Specs, so cornering will now become insane. It will be like a ride at the Royal Show :-)
Oooh watch them in the wet!

Used to love the feeling of being a late braker tipping it in to a turn then powering easily on to the straights, now I’m concentrating on maintaining high corner speeds. Love setting PB’s on circuits.

Love brake rotors glowing red hot in night sprints, tail flicky handling in the tight bits and being able to put a lot of the power down with an LSD.

There have been black times sprinting but the thrilling moments (Porsche GT2 on slicks going around me at full noise just before Turn 1 at Phillip Island. Ferrari V8’s at 8500 revs just 500mm away from my open window when we were criss-crossing at Winton. The sheer fun of slippery-slippery-almost-almost-caught it- accelerate Now when wet sprints are combined with R-spec tyres. Jack Brabham taking me for a quick lap of Sandown in a new Honda NSX 3.2. Chasing down a Nissan 200SX at Sandown and the in-car lap timer was setting PB after PB) will live with me forever.

You really don’t feel like dragging with a meathead at the lights when you have so much fun on a track.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #36
kremmen

My car was built to be thrashed, so I thrash it every time i'm in it. Safely that is...

The coupe loves it and eggs me on though, so it is mostly her fault.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #37
xrfranjo
whats that noise

i drive the wifes BA like i stole it....... fuel economy whats that... i think she drives it to the point of leaning out so i even it up...
Old 12-12-2007, 06:52 PM   #38
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremmen
My car was built to be thrashed, so I thrash it every time i'm in it. Safely that is...

The coupe loves it and eggs me on though, so it is mostly her fault.
Mines got nothing on yours, but Ill drive it some days and say to myself "no must be good, no need to do anything; save some fuel". Usually lasts three corners max...LOL
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post